Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey @Kent R , I searched the thread from last year for info on trailers. Is this trip still suitable for them?
Like last year, only small off road adventure trailers can make it. I thought I posted it last year but It was probably a PM>

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

You responded to someone saying that this trip would be more suitable due to having a basecamp. I know several people that have taken the same trailer through Mojave but not which specific trails. I will consider my alternatives if not advised.

Thank you.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You responded to someone saying that this trip would be more suitable due to having a basecamp. I know several people that have taken the same trailer through Mojave but not which specific trails. I will consider my alternatives if not advised.

Thank you.
What trailer is it and how long

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

It's an Opus 4 Off Road. It is ~18'x7' closed and 21'x7'-14' when open depending on if I have the annex attached. My tow vehicle is a Ram 2500 Power Wagon.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
It's an Opus 4 Off Road. It is ~18'x7' closed and 21'x7'-14' when open depending on if I have the annex attached. My tow vehicle is a Ram 2500 Power Wagon.
You will be able to make it to base camp, we would need to make sure to park you out of the way. As for the Mojave Road, you might make it but we don't want to stall traffic while we are on the trail so we would ask that you not travel on the Mojave Road with our group. There are plenty of locations within the preserve you can take that trailer either before or after the workday.

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

The Wagon is about that. Thank you!!!
Our TLC gets about a 225-250 mile range. We gassed up in Needles last time and had plenty to spare. Afterwards, we gassed up in Barstow.
Our TLC gets about a 225-250 mile range. We gassed up in Needles last time and had plenty to spare. Afterwards, we gassed up in Barstow.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I would love to be a part of this trip and help with the clean up if there is an opening. Please add me to the waiting list. Happy trails!
Done

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
With so much interest is there no way to add another cleanup site or additional weekend for those that couldn’t go on the first one?
Unfortunately no, we work directly with the Mojave Preserve upper Management and they need to have staff at all our locations when we are conducting volunteer events.
Our goal is to have two events in Mojave and add events in Death Valley once that connection becomes more solidified.

The good thing in your favor is that people are dropping from the list and I am adding new members that have posted here.

See PM

Reactions: RAMXPLR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Kent. I am a new member to this group. Can I be added to the waiting list for the trip?
Are you still interested in this event?

Reactions: M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, is this event at capacity? I'm really hoping to go, although I won't know if I can till later in the week.
There is room. If you want to go I will add you to the attendee msg

Reactions: mjhahs84