Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Great idea Michael. Keeping trails and back roads free of trash and abuse is always a topic of conversation when I'm out with friends enjoying the great outdoors.

Jeffrey Richards

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bakersfield
Member #

I here you what an awesome idea, just this past week my dad , oldest son and I were out hunting and stopped by one of the remote camp sites. We spent an hour cleaning up all the crash . I should of took pictures, it was awful. But when it was done the camp sites were clean 4 bags of trash were removed, the fire pits were restocked with rocks awaiting the next group of campers, hopefully they'll take better care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bobby Young

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Franklin,NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Young
Member #

I love this. I'm already doing this as part of my job , plus I'm a Cub Scout leader and we already teach this to the kids. This is great, keep it up!

Reactions: B Wild

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Good job Michael. Hopefully this will motivate some more folks to get out there and make a difference.

The San Bernardino National Forest has a healthy Adopt-A-Trail program. I have been participating in that for the the past several years. I have done about 150 hours and The Varmints have racked up about 400 hours between them. It is depressing to see how some people treat our open spaces. If we can get more folks to switch from being part of the problem to becoming part of the solution that will make a huge difference.

Kudos Michael.

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

IMG_20170917_190625.jpg

Didn't have the opportunity to set up a rally point, but this weekend, my wife and I were camping up at Berryessa, and then drove north and spent time driving through part of the Knoxville OHV park - and cleaned this stuff up.... Oye...

Reactions: Explore Maine