Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Hey ya'll!

I know it's been awhile since I've done a tire review but Toyo sent a set of their new Open Country A/T III tires to try out so a proper review is in order.

I'm putting together a more in depth review but here's a quick clip of my impression after driving on them for a few days on-road and on the trail. Sorry about the audio. Mic died...

Toyo Open Country A/T III - First Impressions

The review can be read here:

After this review was written I have spent quite a bit more time playing with these tires on snow and now dry rocky trails and they continue to impress. So much so I'm seriously eyeing their 35x11.5x17 C load offering!

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Good review Justin! I'm happy with my Toyo Open Country A/T II, I'm sure the III's are even better.

Reactions: JCWages

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Great review. I had AT/IIs on my truck before and always liked them, but went to M/Ts in general. I miss the smoothness and quieter ride of the ATs at time.

-TJ

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Great review. I had AT/IIs on my truck before and always liked them, but went to M/Ts in general. I miss the smoothness and quieter ride of the ATs at time.

-TJ
It's that damn situational needs thing. I want MTs on gnar rocks and mud but everywhere else I want ATs, especially on road. Hahaha

At least we have some decent "tweener" choices nowadays.

Thanks bro!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It's that damn situational needs thing. I want MTs on gnar rocks and mud but everywhere else I want ATs, especially on road. Hahaha

Thanks bro!
Yeah, my Heep has the go-to-tweeners: Patagonia M/Ts. So far I'm really impressed, and they're smooth/quiet on the freeway if you run 32+ PSI so they crown out and run on the center treads mostly (which they're designed to do).

-TJ

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Thanks bro!
Yeah, my Heep has the go-to-tweeners: Patagonia M/Ts. So far I'm really impressed, and they're smooth/quiet on the freeway if you run 32+ PSI so they crown out and run on the center treads mostly (which they're designed to do).

-TJ
I ran that Pats for about 20k or 25k miles. I love them offroad but as they wear they are hard to keep balanced and they become annoyingly loud. :( If I can't sell mine (33s) may mount them on my stock wheels for gnarly trails but otherwise I won't run them for daily driving again.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Doing a little more testing in dry conditions. My friend in the GX put this clip together while we explored more backyard trails.