Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ok here we go living in tornado alley all my life, first thing is to stay weather aware keep yor radio tuned to noaa and pull up your radar app, next dont drive into the storm if you can help it. If your caught there isnt alway a building to get in what you want to do is find the lowest spot you can like a ditch and get flat on your stomach if you dont taste the grass and dirt your not low enough, if there is no ditch find an overpass and get up to the top of the bridge where the bums live and hold on tight this ain't the best place to be but its a million times better than being in the open in your rig. If storm clouds roll in and they look green or almost purple youve likely got a supercell that can produce a tornado. Dont be dumb and think just because a tornado went over the road in front of you your in the clear tornados tend to zigzag so it could change course and wind back over the road again and some larger tornados have smaller rain wrapped tornadoes around them. I tend to worry more about surviving a tornado than getting a rig back in working order or whats in my tool kit.
Your rig isnt worth your life let insurance do its job.

HumBolXT

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Humboldt CA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Craig
Michael, I appreciate the specifics of your posts, both in your trip reviews and preparedness posts. They are definitely helping me to plan for safety and ensure a good time. Thanks again!