To Diesel or not to Diesel

• HTML tutorial

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel

• Stick with gas!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21788

I'm the current happy owner of a Rubicon Unlimited JK and have owned a TJ in the past. I'm keeping close tabs on all of the rumors flying back and forth about a diesel Wrangler coming off the line in 2019. I'd like to pursue some of the major trails (Rubicon, Black Bear Pass, Drummond Island, etc.) in the future and am giving serious consideration to switching to the diesel when it comes out. What's everyone's thoughts / advice on this? It's my daily driver and overlanding rig. Thanks for any information in advance.

Reactions: Russell Peters

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I'm the current happy owner of a Rubicon Unlimited JK and have owned a TJ in the past. I'm keeping close tabs on all of the rumors flying back and forth about a diesel Wrangler coming off the line in 2019. I'd like to pursue some of the major trails (Rubicon, Black Bear Pass, Drummond Island, etc.) in the future and am giving serious consideration to switching to the diesel when it comes out. What's everyone's thoughts / advice on this? It's my daily driver and overlanding rig. Thanks for any information in advance.
I would suggest waiting till after they come out. Wait till you know they will be good. From what I know they will have the eco diesel in them and that is a good motor if you don't do too much city driving. For the emissions equipment to work properly it needs to be driven on the highway for a good stretch to keep in good working order.