Tire size

• HTML tutorial

Zane Mileger

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just picked up an entirely stock 91 FJ80 and I'm gonna need tires. I was hoping I could increase the size, up from the 31's currently on it, without any lifting or spacing. Is this possible?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I just picked up an entirely stock 91 FJ80 and I'm gonna need tires. I was hoping I could increase the size, up from the 31's currently on it, without any lifting or spacing. Is this possible?
Yup - you can get away with 35s with 2.5" of lift no problem, maybe less. FJ80s have great clearance. With 35s and a 91 - you may need new gearing. Because of the HP of the 96s, I dont have any issues stock.

M

Zane Mileger

Rank 0

Contributor I

Yup - you can get away with 35s with 2.5" of lift no problem, maybe less. FJ80s have great clearance. With 35s and a 91 - you may need new gearing. Because of the HP of the 96s, I dont have any issues stock.

M
Yeah, It's looking like that will be the ultimate route I take with this rig. I ran in to a guy last week who had 33" BFG all-terrains on 15" rims with no lift and no work to the gears and according to him, it ran fine. I'm going to look in to that before I go in on a lift.

Reactions: Michael