Tire size

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Zane Mileger

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just picked up an entirely stock 91 FJ80 and I'm gonna need tires. I was hoping I could increase the size, up from the 31's currently on it, without any lifting or spacing. Is this possible?

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I just picked up an entirely stock 91 FJ80 and I'm gonna need tires. I was hoping I could increase the size, up from the 31's currently on it, without any lifting or spacing. Is this possible?
Yup - you can get away with 35s with 2.5" of lift no problem, maybe less. FJ80s have great clearance. With 35s and a 91 - you may need new gearing. Because of the HP of the 96s, I dont have any issues stock.

M

Zane Mileger

Rank 0

Contributor I

Yup - you can get away with 35s with 2.5" of lift no problem, maybe less. FJ80s have great clearance. With 35s and a 91 - you may need new gearing. Because of the HP of the 96s, I dont have any issues stock.

M
Yeah, It's looking like that will be the ultimate route I take with this rig. I ran in to a guy last week who had 33" BFG all-terrains on 15" rims with no lift and no work to the gears and according to him, it ran fine. I'm going to look in to that before I go in on a lift.

Reactions: Michael