Tire Help

• HTML tutorial
S

softroad.406

Hello,

I have a 2001 Nissan pathfinder se (r50), and am looking to get some tires. My SUV is currently stock, and my tire size is P255/65R1, but the xe model has 245/70R16 (the size i want to move up to). There are more sizes available in the xe model size, but the issue choosing tires from the xe model size is that idk if it would fit well? I will later put in 2'' block to raise it, but not sure it will have to do some trimming to the fenders. I am looking at a couple A/T tires but am not sure to go with my stock tire size or a little bigger. Should I got with the bigger size? thanks

Autom8ed

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lee
In general I would advise you to try forums specific to your model (ie Pathfinder forum) and look for a tire setup thread. Often when you are looking to upsize, to or near the limit, its not an exact science as different tires fit slightly differently. If you know that is the tire you want, I would just get them and trim you wheel well as necessary to avoid rub.

Remember, a bigger tire is a heavier tire which will mean you lose power and lose fuel efficiency. Best of luck!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Good advice from @Autom8ed. The tires you have now, P255/65/16s are real close to the same diameter( size )only a touch wider. Or was that 15” wheel size? Not sure how wide the stock wheels are, but should fit. Most tire stores can show you the difference. Do you have any clearance trouble now with any rubbing at all ? My guess, it will fit fine. Even if your wheels are 15”now, 16s will be less tire and more wheel. Vance.

Reactions: Autom8ed
S

softroad.406

I have 16'' wheels right now and i want to change my tire size from a 255/65R/16 to 245 or 265/70r/16. i may have to put in a lift for clearance.

ARE PIRELLI SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS GOOD?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I have 16'' wheels right now and i want to change my tire size from a 255/65R/16 to 245 or 265/70r/16. i may have to put in a lift for clearance.

I have not heard feedback from anyone running those.

There are a lot of folks happy with BF Goodrich all terrains, and likewise Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires.

malacandro

Rank I

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Abraham
Member #

Definitely check http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/. Do a search in the R50 forum for max tire size. It has all the info on tire size, rim specs, etc.

I have 31” Falken wildpeak A/T on my 1997 XE. I have a suspension lift of ~1.75”. They only rub at full lock, and that can be fixed with a heat gun (once I stop being so lazy). They have been great in southern CA conditions.IMG_8726.jpg

Reactions: JCWages