Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The bad thing about my injury is that I think about getting cut ever time I use power saws, especially the table saw. My grandfather and one of my great uncles (my grandfather's BIL), were both lifelong cabinet makers, and both had lost fingers to table saws! My grandfather just lost the middle finger on his left hand (to the middle knuckle), but my uncle lost all 4 on his left hand! (also to the middle knuckles). I mean, in both cases they just hit the ends but they have to amputate to a joint.

And because of the speed, the cuts are rarely clean, and often cannot be reattached due to the amount of damage.

I won't gross you out with pics of my thumb, but here you can see the 'Fleshdust' (think sawdust) that was left on the saw.. :eek:

View attachment 113166
Please excuse the broken thread, we will return shortly folks..
Craig, I too had a good friend who was a Home builder and carpenter, he ran a skill saw across the top of his hand between the wrist and knuckles. Every thing was cut through almost to his palm. He had an excellent bunch of doctors put it all back together and a week later he was back at work cutting away. He died several years later from brain cancer the doctors said it was from the use of the early model cell phones. He was on that thing all the time

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Please excuse the broken thread, we will return shortly folks..
Craig, I too had a good friend who was a Home builder and carpenter, he ran a skill saw across the top of his hand between the wrist and knuckles. Every thing was cut through almost to his palm. He had an excellent bunch of doctors put it all back together and a week later he was back at work cutting away. He died several years later from brain cancer the doctors said it was from the use of the early model cell phones. He was on that thing all the time
WOW!

Yeah, sorry for the derail folks, that's my ADHD.. :o