Resolved Things that are broke after update

• HTML tutorial

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

My watched or subscribed threads are not sending notifications. Occasionally I will get a notification but I have noticed that about 75% of my previous watched threads no longer send me emails or notifications when a new post is made.

Is this something that can be fixed!?

When following a link to the forums I am occasionally being redirected to the main site even when adding the /forums on the end of the bookmark.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

The badge hierarchy is totally screwed up. Seems like most of us have gone back to Cont. I.

What's frustrating is so little communication from the site admins as to all the issues and status of fixing things.

Reactions: JungleSkunk

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The badge hierarchy is totally screwed up. Seems like most of us have gone back to Cont. I.

What's frustrating is so little communication from the site admins as to all the issues and status of fixing things.
I agree here.

I will start by saying this site and community are a great idea but when basic website function is impaired its time to speak up.

I see lots of discussion on issues in the forums and on the facebook page and rarely see anyone around to help. Is there anyone who actually reads this stuff? There are continued problems with upgrading accounts, multiple logins to use on the main site and a different one on the forums which is a very confusing and poorly designed. I have been trying to get the store coupon codes advertised on facebook to work since I joined and am having serious errors with the store and checkout. Either the codes dont work, the checkout times out, or I just get errors and it wont let me buy my membership at all. After 4 or 5 different days of trying I gave up. Why pay for advertising when the ad discounts do not work?

Also the whole "member" catch phrase is super confusing. By signing up on the forum it says I am a "member" but then I also have to pay to become a "member" which is super confusing. I get there is a difference between paid and non paid membership but this is creating a lot of confusion with new members. Either a name change or clarification should probably be in place.

When I try to log in to the forums I am redirected back to the main site which request a different set of login credentials and then loops back to me logging into the forum again until it finally works or I give up.

This is basic stuff that needs to be fixed before I would feel comfortable paying for any kind of membership or recruiting friends and family to join in the community.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

It's fine that it's a commercial entity. What's not fine is they don't seem to be able to run it as a good business. When you're not responding to customers (those who have kicked in money) who report problems, you start getting pissed off customers.

I also notice that there's usually less that 50 people online in this community. More sizzle than steak?

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Its not always easy to implement these kind of updates and I get it... But a staff member monitoring these support forums and the social media page to help with stuff like this would be nice.

I see posts on the facebook pages weeks old asking about problems checking out or joining the page without a single reply. Where is the organization to address this kind of thing?

Reactions: 76_overlander

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Map is broken : when accessing the map it shows a non-member version of it. Hitting the LOG IN button takes you back to a page saying you are already logged in. Going to the map after this does not change anything, and map still does not display anything :/

Reactions: JungleSkunk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

And no responses from staff since Friday. Hope they sold a lot of badges...
Sorry for the late reply. I was in the woods all weekend celebrating my birthday the way an introvert should... Alone and phoneless. haha. I hear your concerns. And when I see them I report them, I promise. We are working through this. Some of these issues are compounded and we have the developer working on it as quickly as possible. Keep letting us know of any issues you spot.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello @Luinil @JungleSkunk @CSG @76_overlander !

Thanks for pointing out a few issues. We're capturing these, prioritizing and working through the list. You'll see these get closed out. If I need further information about the issue you are facing, I'll reach out in a DM. The amount of issues we've faced has been within the expected range, and are decreasing, not increasing. A great place to be.

From a size-of-job standpoint, this upgrade was the largest to date. There are 12 engineers working on Overland Bound software full time currently. I understand from a user of the software perspective like me, we just want our $h% to work. I get it. We'll be there quickly (within a few days).

The engineering team did a great job. I commend them. In addition to performance, client usability, feature improvements, and security upgrades, this upgrade was required for our mobile software coming out to Members later this year. That software is a 50 engineering-month scope. The features and capability of that software is awesome, and requires a cutting edge platform to deliver.

Thanks for the support you guys, the feedback and specific issues you mentioned are very helpful.

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Can no longer access Watched Forums on an iPad.

Section filters are not remembered.
I checked these issues on an iPad and would like more info. I see watched thread and new highlighted on my ipad:

I did notice the filters are not remembered and I have entered that as a bug. Any further info you can give me on the "Watched" thread and "New" issues is appreciated.

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
My watched or subscribed threads are not sending notifications. Occasionally I will get a notification but I have noticed that about 75% of my previous watched threads no longer send me emails or notifications when a new post is made.

Is this something that can be fixed!?

When following a link to the forums I am occasionally being redirected to the main site even when adding the /forums on the end of the bookmark.
Hi @JungleSkunk are you using a web browser or the OB Talk Mobile app? This will help me identify the Notifications issues.

For Home page re-route, it would be great to know what link you are clicking when re-directed.

Thank you!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Michael, I've noticed this here and other forums that use the latest iteration of XenForo. When clicking within a specific forum, new posts used to have a green(?) bullet to the left of them, as well as being emboldened. With the latest version, this bullet is off by default. I don't even know if it is an option any more. So new posts are only distiquished by being in bold text. However, some forum themes seem to minimize emboldened text, so it doesn't stand out from posts that have been marked as read. I'm guessing that is what @Luinil is noticing, too. Of course I could be completely wrong. ;)

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thanks for the support you guys, the feedback and specific issues you mentioned are very helpful.
I don't know if this thread is where you want feedback. There's some over in the support email thread, too. Here's what I've noticed so far [LINK]

[EDIT] Huh! There's another one. I copied the hyperlink for post #64, but it takes you to the first post.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I don't know if this thread is where you want feedback. There's some over in the support email thread, too. Here's what I've noticed so far [LINK]

[EDIT] Huh! There's another one. I copied the hyperlink for post #64, but it takes you to the first post.
Hey Steve, the post #64 issue has been captured.

Reactions: Steve

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Michael,

The watched threads drop down is now working on my iPad. Am using the desktop site not the mobile version.

Correction; it was working and now it is not. The drop down menu does not appear. When tapping on “Warched” it takes me directly to Watched Posts.

Reactions: Michael

subiedru

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

I've paid for my membership about a year ago. Since then I've been so frustrated with this forum that I have not been using it. My account never got updated and I have no access or I don't know how to navigate to what was promised with my membership. I just recently got back to this forum and doesn't look like anything has changed. Still nothing I would like to access works. I know it's tough but u expected more from you guys.

Reactions: CSG

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I am now receiving notification and emails for MOST of my watched threads. There seems to be a hefty delay sometimes even hours after the post but for the most part seems to be trying to work.