Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hope to see some of you this weekend at Juniper Dunes. We plan to camp Friday through Sunday. More info at:

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
The Juniper Dunes Trip was a lot of fun. The Rally Point post really did not do much. @MrWilsonWJ and myself were the only ones that I know of that came. Let's open it works better when it warms up.

Here are some photos & video of the weekend:

EWE Juniper Dunes Trip (Short Video) EWE Juniper Dunes Trip (Trailer) - 4/10/2022

EWE Juniper Dunes Trip (Full Video) EWE Juniper Dunes Trip - 4/10/2022

Photos: EWE Juniper Dunes Trip/Juniper Dunes Clean Up Photos: EWE Juniper Dunes Trip/Juniper Dunes Clean Up - Eastern WA Expeditions - Offroad & Overland

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

It doesn't sound like we will be planting this weekend and the wife is out of town so I think me and the dog will be able to make this trip if you still have room. When and where is the meet up point? Do you have a planned route for this trip? Beings the lower elevations in that area are about the only place without snow at the moment we were thinking of heading that way next weekend to do some camping if I can scout some decent spots this weekend.

Did you get the locker fixed in your JK or are you running the YJ?

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
It doesn't sound like we will be planting this weekend and the wife is out of town so I think me and the dog will be able to make this trip if you still have room. When and where is the meet up point? Do you have a planned route for this trip? Beings the lower elevations in that area are about the only place without snow at the moment we were thinking of heading that way next weekend to do some camping if I can scout some decent spots this weekend.

Did you get the locker fixed in your JK or are you running the YJ?
The locker in the JK is still not working. The YJ is a funner wheeling rig so I plan to use it a lot and keep the JKU for overland trips.

We have a route planned to get up into the snow. We learned last year the groomer left real tall berms up on Dawnson. They should be melted by now but we had a lot of crazy cool weather this month. We will go up Coleman Road.

I will send you the meet up point.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
That was a fun run, would have been nice if we could have made it all the way up to the towers. Not sure yet but we might be camping in the Wenas area this weekend instead of Naneum, if so I'll keep an eye out for you guys. You going to be in the same spot as last year?
We are hoping to get the same spot. Just a little farther down in the sun for the solar.

We still have plenty of space for more rigs if more people here want to come. Potluck Mexican dinner Saturday night. See info at Upcoming: EWE Wenas Base Camp Backroads Trip - Eastern WA Expeditions - Offroad & Overland

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

That was a fun run, would have been nice if we could have made it all the way up to the towers. Not sure yet but we might be camping in the Wenas area this weekend instead of Naneum, if so I'll keep an eye out for you guys. You going to be in the same spot as last year?
We are hoping to get the same spot. Just a little farther down in the sun for the solar.

We still have plenty of space for more rigs if more people here want to come. Potluck Mexican dinner Saturday night. See info at Upcoming: EWE Wenas Base Camp Backroads Trip - Eastern WA Expeditions - Offroad & Overland
If my sister had not invited us to their race track house this weekend, I would be up for a nice trip. Need to get something planned soon to get out now that the snow is melting.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
If my sister had not invited us to their race track house this weekend, I would be up for a nice trip. Need to get something planned soon to get out now that the snow is melting.
The Wenas campgrounds (BBQ Flats and Cascade Camp) are nice and green this time of year.

The grandsons are camping with us so that is a bonus for me. I don't get to see them that often.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

So I had a huge realization this last weekend while out on a race track in Thermal, CA. There’s cars and coffee but why not cars and Ice cream? What are everyone’s thoughts on a cars and ice cream event? There’s only about 4-5 spots in town to have them but I figured we could do an evening thing once the weather got hotter. Just all up for thoughts at the moment

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone. I joined a couple years ago but haven’t been active on the forums. I’m based out of Horn Rapids. I have a 91 YJ and my bride has a 2020 Taco. I try to get out to the Cascades and Blues whenever I can. If my schedule allows, I hope to hit Magruder Pass and one or two sections of the WABDR, among others.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ and Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone. I joined a couple years ago but haven’t been active on the forums. I’m based out of Horn Rapids. I have a 91 YJ and my bride has a 2020 Taco. I try to get out to the Cascades and Blues whenever I can. If my schedule allows, I hope to hit Magruder Pass and one or two sections of the WABDR, among others.
Welcome to the group. I live in Selah but this is my local Overland Bound Group. A lot of good people here.

I also have a YJ as one of my adventure rigs.

Reactions: Lothar

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Welcome! I'm in the the Tri Cities as well, there is a few of us on here from the area. At one point we had a bit bigger group and started to get some almost regular meetups going and a few trips put together but then covid happened and haven't gotten too much traction getting things going again. I too usually end up in the Blues or Cascades, what type of trails are you into? Forest roads, Green Dot, or harder wheeling stuff? Magruder corridor and LoLo pass are also runs I have on my list to do but looking like it won't happen this year with all the other things I got going on.

Reactions: Lothar and Ceg

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome! I'm in the the Tri Cities as well, there is a few of us on here from the area. At one point we had a bit bigger group and started to get some almost regular meetups going and a few trips put together but then covid happened and haven't gotten too much traction getting things going again. I too usually end up in the Blues or Cascades, what type of trails are you into? Forest roads, Green Dot, or harder wheeling stuff? Magruder corridor and LoLo pass are also runs I have on my list to do but looking like it won't happen this year with all the other things I got going on.
I'm building my Jeep out with BDRs in mind. I'm not necessarily looking to drive it up the side of a cliff but I want it beefed up and capable enough to deal with the occasional gatekeeper. I previously owned a Tundra Crewmax and for how comfortable it was, I often wished I had something smaller/nimbler. The big picture for the build will be to beef up the driveline purely for reliability in the backcountry, not rock crawling. It currently sits on 31"x 10.5" and that has been more than sufficient for me thus far. Once I beef up the rear axle, I *might" go to a 33" tire but I don't foresee going any larger than that (although you should never say never with a Jeep).

I'm used to living out of a backpack so it's not hard for me to make a two door Jeep work. My wife however requires a higher level of comfort so it gets a little snug with cots and whatnot.