Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I love that your youngsters have been exposed to the outdoors and have rigs to call there own.
I have tried to follow a similar path with my kids. I bought my youngest a 92 4Runner as a project when he was 13ish. We have wrenched on it since. Now it has been handed over to him and his new wife. I hope they will use it to explore the wild places.
Thanks. That is cool that he still has the rig you guys worked on together. I love hearing these stories. I wish my Dad would have taken the time with me.

I have 5 kids and I did that with the oldest boy, Hank. He is married and has two boys now. Hank has built many rigs since the first one. The three youngest boys go to him when I have no idea how to fix something. Hank has learned way more than I know.

Hank and my 3 child, Charlie built Charlie's ZJ when he was 16. Charlie is still building on it. In two years the rig really has changed.

The two youngest bought their first rigs not running. Doc (16) has already fixed and sold 3 pickups. He used the money to buy and build his YJ and now bought a XJ to build for overlanding. He work for a guy I sold our old family XJ to get it back for parts to build his XJ. He plans to make his XJ look like what the family XJ once looked like. Odo (15) bought and fixed up a ZJ. It had more issues so he sold it. Odo just bought a non-running Ford Ranger to fix and sell. He want to make enough money to by a TJ before his 16th birthday.
One of my pet peevs is when parents limit there children by saying things like “when you get older” or “their not ready for that”. If they show an interest put it in front of them. I am proud to say that my youngest son welded the replacement floor pans in my old Scout when he was only 10 years old!

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
One of my pet peevs is when parents limit there children by saying things like “when you get older” or “their not ready for that”. If they show an interest put it in front of them. I am proud to say that my youngest son welded the replacement floor pans in my old Scout when he was only 10 years old!
I believe the same. That is great your son was willing to learn and do it.

Doc wanted to try to weld a few years back, so I bought a small welder. He is at the point now that I need to buy a bigger welder. I am not going to stand in their way if they want to learn.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Yes that will be his first trip without a parent. This time we are going around China Hill. :grinning:
This is a Thursday & Friday trip; EWE Wenas to Gallagher Head Lake Overland 4x4 Trip - 7/28-29/22
MrWilsonWJ the date has changed so Charlie can go.
EWE Wenas to Gallagher Head Lake Overland 4×4 Trip – 8/1-2/22. Info at August - Eastern Washington Expeditions - Offroad & Overland

I am changing where all of the EWE event details are listed since no one post on the forum and the forum keeps having software issues. You can now find them at Upcoming Events - Eastern Washington Expeditions - Offroad & Overland

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Why not post Rally Points
@MrWilsonWJ had asked about the event is why I posted. I was correcting the info.
Some of these events fill up by our club members. I do post on the Rally Points when we have openings. A few in The Tri-Cities Clubhouse have gone with us by signing up early. If this is a problem, I will stop posting here.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@MrWilsonWJ had asked about the event is why I posted. I was correcting the info.
Some of these events fill up by our club members. I do post on the Rally Points when we have openings. A few in The Tri-Cities Clubhouse have gone with us by signing up early. If this is a problem, I will stop posting here.
No, no problem… was just curious is all… thanks for answering my question

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
After missing a few years due to the upside down world, we are bring back our annual "Go Play Topless" event. We use to hold this event in late summer but have moved it to go along with the Annual "Go Topless Day".

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Happy Valentine’s Day!
View attachment 223163
Thanks Clay! Hope your family had a good one. We actually celebrated it early by playing in your backyard. Went out to Wenas and then eastward across ridge road, dropping down Old Durr to the creek and out to Ellensburg. A snowy, muddy, icy day of fun.

Attachments

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Thanks Clay! Hope your family had a good one. We actually celebrated it early by playing in your backyard. Went out to Wenas and then eastward across ridge road, dropping down Old Durr to the creek and out to Ellensburg. A snowy, muddy, icy day of fun.
Cool. Not far from my house.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Here is an event near the Ahtanum State Forest which use to be open April 2nd. Last year they kept it closed another month because they wanted to. Who knows this year since the website for Ahtanum hasn't been updated near a year. Just come out for the fun of it anyway. I am working on a place to camp near the meet & greet. Let me know if you are interested.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

52 photos and the report of last weekend's EWE Winter 4×4 Meet & Greet at Beverly Dunes. is up at: Photos: EWE Winter 4x4 Meet & Greet (Beverly Dunes) - Eastern Washington Expeditions - Offroad & Overland
I was really wanting to come over for this to play in the sand, but as usual work happened. I was up getting the jeep ready to go and got called in to work on a piece of equipment my guys couldn't get figured out, by the time I was done I figured you guys were already out. Ended up going to Juniper with the wife and dog for a little bit since I had the Jeep ready to go. While out there I got flagged down by a dirtbiker to go help a stuck 4 Runner, guy backed into a hole and was sitting on his fuel tank with a front tire about 3' off the ground. Took a pretty good yank with a kinetic rope to get with moving.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I was really wanting to come over for this to play in the sand, but as usual work happened.
We figured you had to work. At least you got to save someone in the sand. We will be camping in Juniper April 8 - 10. Not sure if the clean up is happening or not since I don't use fakebook anymore. I was waiting on that info before posting a Rally Point.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We figured you had to work. At least you got to save someone in the sand. We will be camping in Juniper April 8 - 10. Not sure if the clean up is happening or not since I don't use fakebook anymore. I was waiting on that info before posting a Rally Point.
That one should be easy to make. Even if I can't make the event I'll be able to stop in to say hi since I drive by the turn off a few times a day.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
That one should be easy to make. Even if I can't make the event I'll be able to stop in to say hi since I drive by the turn off a few times a day.
I found out the clean up is a go. I am working on a Rally Point right now. Hope to see you sometime during that weekend.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Juniper Dunes Base Camp 4×4 Trip & Clean Up
Camp out hosted by Eastern Washington Expeditions
Clean up hosted by the Midnight Mudders
Camp out Friday April 8 – Sunday April 10, 2022
Clean up Saturday April 9th 9AM-1PM

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Glad I was finally able to make one of your events. Hope to make some more in the future.
It was great to meet your family. I hope to hang out with you again soon. Your son's new best friend (my Grandson) may be at Juniper the second weekend of April. They are trying to be there.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We made a video of the Eastern Washington Expeditions 2022 Winter 4×4 Meet & Greet at Beverly Dunes.