Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Got my new suspension parts on! 4.5" lift coils, Bilstein shocks, adjustable rear control set and a few other things. So when are we hitting the trails? Or at least getting a meetup together so we can plan for a trail run? It's getting to be time to head for the mountains!
20210501_065922.jpg
20210501_182725.jpg

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
That looks sweet. How does it ride?

I am sidelined for a while, We are starting our refueling at work and I will be working 4 on 1 off (12's, nights) until July. Hopefully by them the snow will be gone in the mountains though.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

That looks sweet. How does it ride?

I am sidelined for a while, We are starting our refueling at work and I will be working 4 on 1 off (12's, nights) until July. Hopefully by them the snow will be gone in the mountains though.
I rides pretty good, I had read where a lot of people said 4.5" on short arms is too much and makes them ride like crap but I didn't really notice much difference from how it was before. These new springs are also stiffer than the previous one, 175 lbs per inch vs. 225 lbs per inch which also had me a little worried about ride quality but paired with the bilstein shocks it's pretty good. I did however remove the rear Addco HD sway bar because it cracked the frame where the link attaches. I'll run it this way for a bit to see how it handles, there is a few options for other sway bar set ups or I can build discos if I feel I want to put it back on.

Too bad you're busy with work until July, going to miss some good early season stuff. Let me know when things slow down or if you get a random weekend off and we can hit some trails.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m throwing together a trip for Memorial Day Weekend in south central Oregon. If any one is interested shoot me a DM for the details. We are looking for a couple of people to represent the Tri-Cities Area.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Got my new suspension parts on! 4.5" lift coils, Bilstein shocks, adjustable rear control set and a few other things. So when are we hitting the trails? Or at least getting a meetup together so we can plan for a trail run? It's getting to be time to head for the mountains!
Nice!

Our club has a run up Oak Creek Saturday May 8th and then a Base Camp-out at Cascade Camp the following weekend and we have room for a few more rigs. Send me a message for details.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I’m throwing together a trip for Memorial Day Weekend in south central Oregon. If any one is interested shoot me a DM for the details. We are looking for a couple of people to represent the Tri-Cities Area.
I've been keeping an eye on this trip but I have plans for that weekend already. If our other trip falls through I'm definitely interested in the central Oregon one.

Reactions: M Rose

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Hopefully everyone is finding a cooler spot this weekend to beat the warmer air. Finally got out of town for a few hours and into the mountains southeast of Walla Walla today. Quick road report. Tiger Creek road is covered in snow at about the 5300' elevation around NF-40 well short of Kendall Skyline, but it was a beautiful 67 degrees up there. Also ran up Pikes Peak road to Mormon Grade road, but got stopped by a bit of a tank trap that my low and long wheelbase doesn't work with. Enjoyed finally taking a few hours to forget about work, now it is time to fill out a report for another committee to ignore.
Tiger Creek Road.JPG Above Pikes Peak Repeater.JPG

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I made it out this past weekend also. Went up to the Wenas wildlife area and camped from Thursday night thru Sunday. Friday we ran from the Observatory across the ridge to Durr rd. then south to Umtanum ridge rd where we headed back east to Auduban rd and back up to camp. Saturday was a little longer run, we headed up Hog Ranch rd. to FS 1701 where we met up with @Ceg and his group. Ran 1701 with his group for a little bit until we split off to go get fuel. Dropped down off of the ridge to HWY 410 to run into Nile and then back up 1701 to 1711 and up to Cleman mtn. from there we continued out the ridge and made or way back to camp.
20210515_133516.jpg
20210514_081940.jpg5-14-2.jpg5-14-3.jpg5-14-4.jpg5-14-5.jpg5-15-11.jpg5-14-8.jpg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I made it out this past weekend also. Went up to the Wenas wildlife area and camped from Thursday night thru Sunday. Friday we ran from the Observatory across the ridge to Durr rd. then south to Umtanum ridge rd where we headed back east to Auduban rd and back up to camp. Saturday was a little longer run, we headed up Hog Ranch rd. to FS 1701 where we met up with @Ceg and his group. Ran 1701 with his group for a little bit until we split off to go get fuel. Dropped down off of the ridge to HWY 410 to run into Nile and then back up 1701 to 1711 and up to Cleman mtn. from there we continued out the ridge and made or way back to camp.
It was great to see you up there. Here are the photos I took that weekend:
EWE Wenas Base Camp 4x4 Trip - 5/13-16/21

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Spout Springs 6th annual Summer Field Day 2021 is going to be held June 26-27 at 2 Rivers Park. More details can be found on the Rally Point.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Was out the other weekend again, just forgot to post anything on it, would have been June 4-6. Went outside Nile and camped off of FS 1500 at a pretty awesome spot next to Rattle Snake creek. Went on about a 45 mile cruise, most of it was pretty tame forest service roads but we took a few real trails to make it interesting. From camp we took 1500 back towards Nile then turned up Meloy Canyon Rd. followed that until we turned off on Grouse Heaven rd. taking that up onto Bethel Ridge/ 325. At the point 325 turns into 4W325A (Bethel Ridge Trail) we turned off and took the Bethel-Lynne Lake Tie trail down to Bear Lake. That trail was the short fast way down... Fairly tight with a lot of steep loose rock sections to work your way down, nothing too crazy but probably wouldn't take anything real big through there. Stopped at Bear lake for lunch then went on to 4w652 that we took over to FS 220. Followed 220 until we turned off on Bethel Oak 4W653 / 4W652, took those up to 4W672 which comes from the south-ish up onto the main Bethel ridge trail 4W325A. 4W325A wasn't too bad compared to the times I went through it early last year, there was mud but it was all passable without any problem. Took the ridge trail back to Grouse Heaven and then back to camp for BBQ and Brews! I failed to take any pictures while on this trip so I'll post a couple from one of the other guys. Along on the run with me was an '18 JKUR and FJ80 (don't remember the year) back at camp was an FJ60 on 40's but he was having some problems so he rode shotgun. @JL Lou if we ever make a trip over to that area we should run this track. It's not super challenging but the loose rock and steep sections make it fun.
GuyTrip1.jpeg
GuyTrip2.jpegGuyTrip3.jpeg

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Sounds like fun, We ae wrapping up our outage so some fun is in order.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey guys! Just a reminder.....Hope to see ya there in a few minutes.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: M Rose

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

@Ceg, Is your trip to Gallagher head still happening in July? It looks like it is right before we would start digging potatoes but if I can swing it I'd like to go, already told the wife I was planning on it.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Still working down in Oregon. I got the opportunity to be part of history.......116* in Portland! Headed up to the mountains in an attempt to find cooler weather and maybe dip my toes in water. Unfortunately, the entire Oregon population had the same water goal, but i did find a secluded little spot with plenty of shade. GPX attached.

Capture.JPG
0625211023b.jpg

0625211029a.jpg

0625211052.jpg

0625211053a.jpg

0625211749.jpg

GPX viewer

Attachments

Last edited:

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
State wide burn ban starting tomorrow thru Sep. 30th for Washington state.