Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We made it out of Covid lockdown, now its time for climate lockdown. I understand a good numbers of the fires are caused by people being stupid but people are acting like they've never seen a hot dry summer before.
You are right. I have been going to the same places every year and things look the same as normal. A few days of high heat doesn't make a drought. They act as they are saving our public land because of something someone might do. I am not happy losing more rights. This is just another political move to control people.

Reactions: JL Lou

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Friday, I drove through the smoke and right next to the fire in Yakima Canyon on the way to Red’s Fly Shop. Looked intentionally set to me.
I understand that the responders have the same theory.
Road was appropriately closed afterward and I had loop around the north end and over Manastash.
No issues up on the Bumping River or the Little Naches. Happy to had the chance to get out.
Reality is, if more people were responsible and didn’t leave broken glass out, safely enjoyed fires, and were careful on where they drove (no tall combustible vegetation) it would only be the arsonists and lightning causing fires. More or less.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

OK, we need to do another get together. I read earlier today that the Blue mountains are closed... Fires... maybe we could meet at a park or something next saturday? Anyone game? Anyone have suggestions?

Not sure what I am doing this weekend, but I am past due to meet up and see people I don't work with :)
My weekends booked pretty solid. If somethings happening, l see if I can break away for a few and meetup.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I love it. A new Jeep buddy. Love the color.

Is that a Hard Rock?

And, you seem to be missing a radio antenna...

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Overland Bound - Northwest Facebook has complained twice about me posting the links to the photos of our long trip. So I decided to leave the group. That sucks since I just renewed my OB membership.

I share photos to see show what areas look like and hopefully someday some of you will join some of the local events. Please let me know if my photo link offend you and I will stop posting all together.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Overland Bound - Northwest Facebook has complained twice about me posting the links to the photos of our long trip. So I decided to leave the group. That sucks since I just renewed my OB membership.

I share photos to see show what areas look like and hopefully someday some of you will join some of the local events. Please let me know if my photo link offend you and I will stop posting all together.
Who is complaining on the OB Facebook page? That is the whole point of the FB page, to share our pictures and trips… PS, send me your pics so I can try and get them up on the OB Instagram page for you…

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Who is complaining on the OB Facebook page? That is the whole point of the FB page, to share our pictures and trips… PS, send me your pics so I can try and get them up on the OB Instagram page for you…
First an admin on Overland Bound - Northwest Facebook told me to only post twice a day since I had add a lot of post of the trip we were on. He said it looked as I was spamming. I said ok and did as he ask, 2 post a day. Then today I got another complaint by someone there telling me that I should just post a link to my group instead of posting everyday. So I posted stating due to complaints I would not post there anymore and gave a link to our Facebook page if anyone wanted to see the rest of the photos. Then that person accused me of only posted my links and not interacting with anyone else's post which is not true. Maybe if others would post something there, I would have been able to interact more than I did.

I posted links to my Facebook where each part of the trip had a few photos. It was easier the reposting on the group I am on. Then as I wrote full reports on my website with over 100 photos on most, I shared two links a day as I was told.

Thank you for the help but I don't need to share with facebook people that don't want to see the trip photos. The question is do people on this page want to see the links to the photos? I don't have time to post all of them one at a time. If not, I will not post. No hard feeling either way.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

First an admin on Overland Bound - Northwest Facebook told me to only post twice a day since I had add a lot of post of the trip we were on. He said it looked as I was spamming. I said ok and did as he ask, 2 post a day. Then today I got another complaint by someone there telling me that I should just post a link to my group instead of posting everyday. So I posted stating due to complaints I would not post there anymore and gave a link to our Facebook page if anyone wanted to see the rest of the photos. Then that person accused me of only posted my links and not interacting with anyone else's post which is not true. Maybe if others would post something there, I would have been able to interact more than I did.

I posted links to my Facebook where each part of the trip had a few photos. It was easier the reposting on the group I am on. Then as I wrote full reports on my website with over 100 photos on most, I shared two links a day as I was told.

Thank you for the help but I don't need to share with facebook people that don't want to see the trip photos. The question is do people on this page want to see the links to the photos? I don't have time to post all of them one at a time. If not, I will not post. No hard feeling either way.
I like the links and I think what you're posting is really helpful. All over this site you see people asking for recommendations on where to go and you're posting trip reports almost weekly of places to go. Maybe they don't like that you link another site instead of putting the original post here but that's just more work if you've already put it together on another forum or fb page. And I don't see it as any different than people promoting their Instagram or YouTube on here. I've always known you've had the other forum going but I've never felt you were on here just to promote it or pull users away from Overland Bound. You're club is very active so you have a lot of things to post about, maybe they're just jealous that you're actually out doing the stuff that they're just online talking about...

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I like the links and I think what you're posting is really helpful. All over this site you see people asking for recommendations on where to go and you're posting trip reports almost weekly of places to go. Maybe they don't like that you link another site instead of putting the original post here but that's just more work if you've already put it together on another forum or fb page. And I don't see it as any different than people promoting their Instagram or YouTube on here. I've always known you've had the other forum going but I've never felt you were on here just to promote it or pull users away from Overland Bound. You're club is very active so you have a lot of things to post about, maybe they're just jealous that you're actually out doing the stuff that they're just online talking about...
Most of the other facebook groups reply with questions about how to get there, if the need a lift to do the trip, what passes they need, and so on. I write back to each and everyone of them to help them. I post photos on my site to not slow down others. I share many places on-line and this is the easiest way I know. If you look around on my forum you can see not many come there to post. Only to get the free info which it is there for.

Thanks for your support!

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Most of the other facebook groups reply with questions about how to get there, if the need a lift to do the trip, what passes they need, and so on. I write back to each and everyone of them to help them. I post photos on my site to not slow down others. I share many places on-line and this is the easiest way I know. If you look around on my forum you can see not many come there to post. Only to get the free info which it is there for.

Thanks for your support!
I can't speak for the Facebook crowd, but at least in our local group I would be willing to risk saying we enjoy the links, as validated above by others comments. Don't let a few ruin the day, just avoid the negative people and hang out here with us.

Reactions: Ceg and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

I will get to the bottom of this… because this is NOT acceptable.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I can't speak for the Facebook crowd, but at least in our local group I would be willing to risk saying we enjoy the links, as validated above by others comments. Don't let a few ruin the day, just avoid the negative people and hang out here with us.
@Ceg keep the posts coming… blow up this thread… as for OB-NW Facebook, I have contacted the administrator and we are working out a solution. There is only one administrator for FB. Any one that is acting as an administrator that isn’t the actual administrator doesn’t have the authority…I am giving the administrator an opportunity to fix his error.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I will get to the bottom of this… because this is NOT acceptable.
I have no clue if the post are there anymore since I left the group. I will not be coming back. Maybe you can help this from happening to someone else that shares a lot of photos.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have no clue if the post are there anymore since I left the group. I will not be coming back. Maybe you can help this from happening to someone else that shares a lot of photos.
That’s exactly what I’m doing.

Reactions: Ceg