Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

15th Annual EWE Slab ORV Meet & Greet - 2/20/21
Yes. I may camp the night before if it isn't too wet to get my truck w/camper and trailer w/jeep in there. I going to check it out that Thursday before.
It is snowing in the Yakima area right now. We are not camping as planned due to other issues. I should be out at the Slab in the red YJ by 10:30 AM on Saturday. I hope some of you can make it.
Going to still try for it. Don’t know what time we will make it out there

Reactions: Ceg and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Still bummed I forgot about the Slab trip this weekend, hope you all have fun out there. Now that we're in phase 2 anyone interested in a meetup? March-ish maybe?
I need to get with you in a couple of weeks for a welding weekend

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I would love a meet up. Sadly, I am working this weekend.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I would love a meet up. Sadly, I am working this weekend.
No it’s going to be a few weeks. Waiting on some money to come in next month, then I need to order the parts... I want to get Kallie a bumper and winch for her 4Runner, but I can’t let her know I’m getting it. It’s going to be her B-Day present

Reactions: 4Wheelexplorer

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Still bummed I forgot about the Slab trip this weekend, hope you all have fun out there. Now that we're in phase 2 anyone interested in a meetup? March-ish maybe?
I might be able to get the wife talked into it. Still need to get a new tent. Ours ripped the end of last year

• Sad
Reactions: M Rose and Ceg

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
How was the clean up? Who went?

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

How was the clean up? Who went?
Are you talking about the Slab? If so the clean up is March 20. We just did the annual meet and greet. No one other than me showed up from this group. The event was fun with the snow and mud. Here are the photos Photos: EWE 15th Annual Slab ORV Meet & Greet - 2/20/2021 - Eastern Washington Expeditions
I was planning on making it, however I had an issue arise that morning so I couldn’t make it. Hope to make the next meet though.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Well after a week of staring at these box’s by my front door, I finally spent the time on a friends lift and got the Bilstein 5100’s installed. I ended up doing the 1.8 lift on the front. Thought about going all the way up, but decided to see what this looked like. Fronts went in pretty well however I want to find who designed the rear and tell them what I really feel. If you have anyone who has a 3rd gen 4Runner and they want you to help, Just. Say. No. We spent twice as much time on the rear shocks than we did on the front struts. I haven’t had a chance to see how much I can feel over the stock but time will tell. Truck will go in for an alignment tomorrow and then she’s about ready to hit the trails.

Attachments

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Need an after pic of the side of your rig.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I will be camping out at the Slab Friday night before The Slab ORV Area Clean Up - 3/20/2021.
Do you guys camp both friday and saturday when you do the clean up? We'll still be planting potatoes when this takes place so I wouldn't be able to get there until mid-day Saturday. Just curious if people will still be hanging out and going out on the trails.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Do you guys camp both friday and saturday when you do the clean up? We'll still be planting potatoes when this takes place so I wouldn't be able to get there until mid-day Saturday. Just curious if people will still be hanging out and going out on the trails.
I am only camping Friday. The clean up starts at 10 AM on Saturday and normally is over by 3 PM. I am heading home after the clean up to continue the honey do list.
The next camp out we have planned is in your area and I hope you can make it. Click link for more info: EWE Juniper Dunes Base Camp 4x4 Trip - 4/9-11/21

Last edited:
Reactions: G.Goodwin

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I am only camping Friday. The clean up starts at 10 AM on Saturday and normally is over by 3 PM. I am heading home after the clean up to continue the honey do list.
The next camp out we have planned is in your area and I hope you can make it. Click link for more info: EWE Juniper Dunes Base Camp 4x4 Trip - 4/9-11/21
If you guys are leaving around 3 I won't be able to make it. I'll definitely try to meet up with you guys for the Juniper trip. I have new 4.5" lift coils, Bilstein shocks and some other suspension stuff I need to get installed so it would be a good time to test them out.