The Storm Trooper

• HTML tutorial

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello All, my name is Pat and I'm new to this forum.  I'm not going to start a full build thread as I've been working on this for a couple of years now.  Rather, I'll start at my current state and continue updates as I go along.

This is a 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7 PowerTech V8 and Quadrive 4x4 system.  This was supposed to be my wife's vehicle until I realized how my I missed my 1998 ZJ GC and took it over.

-Suspension-
2.5in FatBob's Springs
10mm OME Trim Spacers
Doetch Tech 8000 Shocks
JKS Quick Disconnects
Removed Rear Sway Bar

-Wheels/Tires-
17in MotoMetal
265/65R15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

-Engine-
Airaid Intake
Bosch 4-hole Injectors
IRO 3in Cat-Back Exhaust

-Armor-
Flatland Winch Bumper
RRO Front & Rear Differntial Guards

-Exterior-
Roof Rack
+Spare Tire
+3 Gallon Fuel Source
+Shovel
+Ax
+Hi-Lift Jack
Trim Front & Rear Fenders
Bedliner

-Lighting-
FJO Fender Mounts with 4in Spot LED Pods
4in Flood LED Pods on Bumper

-Interior-
Rear Seat Pin Mod
Power Acoustic DVD Player
LED Lighting
Fire Extinguisher
CB Radio

It's been a good rig so far and I still have a long to-do list.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @pat85 , welcome to the forums and thanks for the contribution! Love the Jeep. Looks capable and versatile for long trips or trail. You've done quite a bit of work on your rig. Before and after tells the tale!

M

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

16736 said:
Hey @pat85 , welcome to the forums and thanks for the contribution! Love the Jeep. Looks capable and versatile for long trips or trail. You’ve done quite a bit of work on your rig. Before and after tells the tale! M
Thank  you!  I've always loved modifying vehicles and have had a few vehicles with lifts and tires now, but once I really started to look at the terrain I have a available, building an overlander was a no-brainer.  Like I said, I've got a long list things to do on this rig.  Some additions and some changes.  But, that's half the fun of these things.  I look forward to being a positive contributor of your community.

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

16741 said:
Welcome! I thought from the title you had an Isuzu Trooper you’d modified.
Thanks!  Pretty easy assumption to make, ha.  I based that off of my color theme.  I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek.  You may or may not have noticed the Storm Trooper helmet decal on the rear quarter windows.  I also have the Empire logo on the rear window.  And as of late, my personalized license plate is Star Wars orientated.

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

Added this chunk of steel last week. Transfer case/cat converter skid plate.

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

The Storm Trooper got new brakes tonight. Updated the old Teves setup with all new/reman Akebono components.

pat85

Rank 0

Contributor I

IMG_2539.JPG Been a long time since I've updated. Here is the StormTrooper's current state. Many recent upgrades, I'm finally starting to see an "end" to the build, if there is such a thing. Can't remember everything I've done since the last post but if you have questions, feel free to ask.