The start of the rear JKU storage system.

• HTML tutorial

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I went out and measured for you, @Jose. Between the back of my cab and where the front of the tent is, I have about 4" or room. At the back of the tent" from the tailgate of the truck to the rearmost portion of the tent I have another 6" or so. My bed is roughly 99" long from end to end and about 96" long inside to inside.. Of that gives you an idea of just how large the tent is.
Thanks a lot Scott for that info and measurements that's helps and give me an idea on the size of the tent. [emoji106][emoji106]

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Thanks a lot Scott for that info and measurements that's helps and give me an idea on the size of the tent. [emoji106][emoji106]
Anything I can do to sway someone into the #cvtfamily :) I really love my tent.. And I hope if you get one that you love it too.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here is the updated version of the rear storage for the JKU. It use to have 4 drawers but I eliminated the top drawer and added some spacer to the bottom of the base. I got the idea from @overlandlife so I can have access to my tools and be able to store a small 3ft folding table also. Now just need to get the locking paddle latches and black speaker carpet and it will be complete.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here the 2nd to the last update which is the carpeting the storage box up and it will be complete and ready to use. All three locking latches have been installed, I will be blacking out the inside with flat black and the outside will be black speaker box. And of course I had to sneak in and rep my Yeti cup with the OB sticker on it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

Turned out great man, awesome you did it with the old man and the boy.... that's what it's all about!

Check out the tuff stuff 4x4 RTT. That's what I have, and is a fraction of the price of CVT and Tepui. Annnnnd it comes with the annex at no extra charge!

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Turned out great man, awesome you did it with the old man and the boy.... that's what it's all about!

Check out the tuff stuff 4x4 RTT. That's what I have, and is a fraction of the price of CVT and Tepui. Annnnnd it comes with the annex at no extra charge!

Thanks a lot Rexor91!! It was a fun time doing the storage with the old man and the boys plus even more fun when I had to look for tools and hardware cause the 6 yr would take off with them and try to. Hold his own stuff. Lol. Also good looking out on the RTTs I'll look into them and do some research on it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Rexor91

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

Right on man. Just FYI all those tents appear to be made somewhere in Asia in the same warehouse, then are sent here and each company puts their logo on with whatever minor variants they might offer with each model.

Where in TN are you moving, I'm in North AL

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Nice build! Would you mind sharing the dimensions with us?
Haven't forgotten about you brother. Just been busy working night shift and sleeping in the day. But I'll get you the measurements. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: KellyS

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

It's officially done!! I did not go with the speaker carpet cause apparently the guy told me that the glue would not hold up because of the heat in the back of the Jeep when the sun is hitting there. So I ended up using Duplicolor Black Bed Liner and I think it actually looks a lot better.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Looks great dude...on a side note.. Is that a 940 weekends patch I see?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Looks great dude...on a side note.. Is that a 940 weekends patch I see?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Yea sir it is! Got it from Raul. Pretty cool patch and what it represents.

Tom (Steel Industries)

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Vacaville, CA 95687, USA
Member #

I'm running a CVT Mt. Shasta and I have a pretty decent amount of space up front. The only thing you have to watch out for or live with is the window awning rods won't fit if you mount stuff up there and intend to leave it mounted like my cans (below) while the tent is open. Personally I'm ok with that. In the second pic you can see what I have to do with the window.

Nice set up! I've been trying to find a pic of a JKU with this set up, so I know how ours will look before buying the roof rack and RTT. Hows your roof rack holding up?