The start of the rear JKU storage system.

• HTML tutorial

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Best carpenter I know! My dad!! Working on storage system for the back of the jeep custom made by him. I'm his apprentice this time... he's the bad ass!! Here's a rough draft of whats coming with maybe some changes and more pics to come. #meandtheoldman #jeepdiyprojects #overlandjeeps

Last edited:

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

I am still debating if I want to build drawers for mine. I don't have a fridge, I have been fine with my yeti coolers thus far, plus my trailer is almost ready......I am thinking do I still need the drawer system if I have a trailer?

Are you gonna paint the drawers black or carpet line them?

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I'll most likely going to get a trailer as well but that will be later on when I move back to TN. I'm thinking of carpet lining them up. I still need to get the locking latches. Couldn't find them in Home Depot.

Here the beginning of the adult Lego build set. Lol.

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

This is a cool thread bro!
Thanks Brother! It been real fun doing this with the old man and the boys, real good memories being made here.

Ii can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks Comanche! I should be done by tomorrow afternoon then make a dry fit in the rear of the Jeep and if all looks good I'll be taking it apart and adding glue to all the edges then screw everything back up.

Looks like the best carpenter you know is the little guy! I'll be interested to see how this turns out, drawer systems are so helpful.
Than boehml! He's is the best helper I got and the one that hides the tools when I need them lol.

Following along. I've been looking at doing something similar. Right now I have a Walmart 3 drawer plastic shelf in the back held down with a ratchet strap. It's not pretty but it's better than digging through big boxes. :sunglasses:
Thanks Scenic! I've been wanting to make something like this for a while. I feel the same way I rather have something secure back there than having to dig around for stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScenicCityOverland

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here's a little update dry fitting some parts up, but you can see where I'm going with it. It will have three drawers on the left, one of the right side and either a Yetti, Artic, or the ARB Freezer with fit on top of that right side. I got all three measurements from the coopers and freezer and just rounded it off by 1/2" to make sure which ever I choose for now the others will work

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Another small little update on the JKU rear storage system. Got a little ways to go but I think it will be complete today. More pics to come.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks Luis, thanks Mike! Started the first drawer and fitted my first storage in the back...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] He asked me to sit inside the box.

E

expeditionnorth

been noticing the progress on instagram too, nice work, cant wait to see it done

Reactions: Jose

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Looking good @Jose ... I love that you're involving the family and it seems like the kids are loving it. Keep it up man!

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Looking good @Jose ... I love that you're involving the family and it seems like the kids are loving it. Keep it up man!
Thanks Scott! The old man and the boys are enjoying the build. We got one of the 4 drawers done and realized that Home Depot was closed so we will most likely finish tomorrow. We need a little break for the Thanks Giving Feast. lol here's one of the drawers done.

Reactions: VDawg1115

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

Thanks Scott! The old man and the boys are enjoying the build. We got one of the 4 drawers done and realized that Home Depot was closed so we will most likely finish tomorrow. We need a little break for the Thanks Giving Feast. lol here's one of the drawers done.

Awesome build!