Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
I think every one of my packs and vehicles has a Mora in it. Companions or Clippers.
I usually have a Griptilian or Mini Griptilian in my pocket. If not, I have a Buck 110 or Helle on my belt.

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
I forgot to mention that for the camp kitchen I do have a full-size chef's knife and a serrated bread knife. I'm so used to them at home that I figured why make camp cooking harder than it needs to be?

Reactions: NMNomad and TSO_NJ

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I think every one of my packs and vehicles has a Mora in it. Companions or Clippers.
I usually have a Griptilian or Mini Griptilian in my pocket. If not, I have a Buck 110 or Helle on my belt.
Buck 110 is the first knife bought for every future hunter in my family. My dad has given away 6 to his kids and grandkids. I’m about to buy my first grandson his. He should be born late November early December.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Here in Europe, especially in Scandinavia, most of the people own a Mora Knife. It is super handy, good steel and affordable.
The Mora comes in different versions, but the simple Companion is the best one. I use multiple ones. One is attached to my chest bag one is in the car.

Attachments

Reactions: Shawn686

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Go to "Smoky Mountain Knife Works" and have them send you a catalog. They sell SMKW and 15-20 other major brands, 175 pages of knifes and related "stuff".

Chris Starling

Rank V

Contributor III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Starling
Member #

A friend of mine turned me onto the Glock knife. I’ve carried their pistols for decades and this knife is amazing and super tough. Holds an edge real good too! I’ve used to split small pieces of wood and then to cut my steaks (after washing it).

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I'm curious what knife or knives everyone favors when out on the trail.

I usually have one or two old kitchen knives for cooking, my Kershaw Cryo II in my pocket, the old Victorinox I bought as a kid lives in the glove box all the time and I typically keep my Leatherman Juice S2 in a small pouch (along with some other bits and bobs that can quickly go in my pocket). Finally, I have a Mora fixed blade I keep in my SHTF bag, but it is also good for cooking, gutting fish, or whatever else needs doing.

I'm curious what everyone carries around camp, in their camp kitchens Wholesale cutlery, or just has kicking around the cab of the rig. How do you like it, why do you use it, would you get the same knife again?
What kind of knife do you carry on duty? I am looking to add a better knife to my duty carry and off duty carry. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated! (Brand name if you can too) thanks!

Chris Starling

Rank V

Contributor III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Starling
Member #

I'm curious what knife or knives everyone favors when out on the trail.

I usually have one or two old kitchen knives for cooking, my Kershaw Cryo II in my pocket, the old Victorinox I bought as a kid lives in the glove box all the time and I typically keep my Leatherman Juice S2 in a small pouch (along with some other bits and bobs that can quickly go in my pocket). Finally, I have a Mora fixed blade I keep in my SHTF bag, but it is also good for cooking, gutting fish, or whatever else needs doing.

I'm curious what everyone carries around camp, in their camp kitchens Wholesale cutlery, or just has kicking around the cab of the rig. How do you like it, why do you use it, would you get the same knife again?
What kind of knife do you carry on duty? I am looking to add a better knife to my duty carry and off duty carry. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated! (Brand name if you can too) thanks!
I used to carry a Benchmade Auto-stryker, but the metal seemed to not want to hold an edge. Now I use CRKT knives as I’ve had great luck with them, the m16 knives are hard to beat.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Mora Bushcraft Black is my favorite. Carbon steel sharp, able to strike a ferro rod, well built and best of all, pretty reasonable price.