Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
If you like blades, this place is a Must See!!!...
IMG_4834.PNG
It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside will blow your mind!!! 10 miles east of Holbrook Arizona. I-40 exit 294 - Sun Valley Rd.

If you're coming from the east, it's on your way to Overland Expo :-)

Comanche

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Goodyear, Arizona
Member #

If you like blades, this place is a Must See!!!...
View attachment 9480
It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside will blow your mind!!! 10 miles east of Holbrook Arizona. I-40 exit 294 - Sun Valley Rd.

If you're coming from the east, it's on your way to Overland Expo :-)
That's my old hood. How are the prices? I'd take a Sunday drive if it was worth it.

Reactions: huachuca

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
That's my old hood. How are the prices? I'd take a Sunday drive if it was worth it.
I didn't do any comparison shopping, but I read a review online that said they were high on prices. But the selection is overwhelming. Worth a look.

Reactions: Comanche
E

expeditionnorth

I prefer my gerber gator for a folding option

for a fixed blade I find myself using my buck diamond back all the time (generic pic)

2014-04-27 15.20.25.jpg buck-diamondback-fixed-blade-hunting_1_37d63ccd317f823e5fada8d9b7a62822.jpg

Reactions: NMNomad

dagen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oakland, CA
Member #

I'm curious what knife or knives everyone favors when out on the trail.

I usually have one or two old kitchen knives for cooking, my Kershaw Cryo II in my pocket, the old Victorinox I bought as a kid lives in the glove box all the time and I typically keep my Leatherman Juice S2 in a small pouch (along with some other bits and bobs that can quickly go in my pocket). Finally, I have a Mora fixed blade I keep in my SHTF bag, but it is also good for cooking, gutting fish, or whatever else needs doing.

I'm curious what everyone carries around camp, in their camp kitchens, or just has kicking around the cab of the rig. How do you like it, why do you use it, would you get the same knife again?
I love my Benchmade Bushcrafter. I always have it with me when I am camping, wheeling, etc. . . It can handle a variety of tasks with ease and it came with a leather sheath which was a great bonus. Sheath also has a spot for a firesteel if you're into that sort of thing. I have used it for everything from breaking down kindling to making dinner to starting a fire. Can't say enough good things about the knife or Benchmade in general for that matter.

http://www.benchmade.com/fixedbladeknives/bushcrafter-family.html

Reactions: Migu and TerryD

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

I have a Benchmade Griptillian with Micarta scales. I use this for everything. It's always on me and it holds an edge pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

My edc is my kershaw trace drop point.

My "truck knife" which gets used for pretty much everything while camping is my JR knives neckr Jr.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoeyR.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Have been looking at the Fallkniven range for a few weeks been waiting to see if any offers come up in January before making a purchase

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

I'm a firm believer in the tool for the job, but as for an all around camp knife, I made a Sax style knife. I figure if I break it I'll just make another, so far so good.

Influencer II

I always carry a Ontario Rat 1 in my pocket. An Esee 6 on the outside of the backpack or in the car. A spare Kershaw mini in the backpack.

My Rat 1 with custom scales. :) One beast of a knife. Best part about it? It's only like $20 off amazon. I've owned Kershaw and CRKT, but I keep going back to this knife. It's such a stout knife that has yet to fail on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20DYNAMITE07

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I just got a CRKT Fossil. absolutely love it as a EDC.
the blade is on the bigger side tho. So a cop may give you crap for it if he sees it.
But this past Christmas my grandma used it to carve the turkey and cut pretty much anything that needed be cut and it worked flawlessly. its also got a decently thick blade so you could pry with it if need be. Its definetly not a benchmade but for 50-80 bucks (depending where you buy and if you get the serrated or not) its a great all around knife. Plus it looks cool as shit lol
maxresdefault.jpg

this is my jeep knife. its just some walmart knife that was part of the holiday sales a few years back. haven't got to use it yet tho

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion Blur in my pocket and have a Benchmade Bushcrafter I carry as well when I'm around camp. I'm a sucker for the S30V steel.

I have a few cheap kitchen knifes in the mess box but I'd hate to have to do much more than food prep with them.