Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Despite a Subaru losing its bumper and me breaking some plastics. It was a decent time. The invitation was posted on a couple different forms. Overland bound was the only forum that had someone show up ha. But it was a good time. IMG_6185.JPG

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Looks & sounds like ya's had a great time! I'm glad to hear the damage was minimal. Great job! Did ya's get wrapped up before the rain rolled in?

KC2BUN

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Salem County NJ
Member #

PARK ADVISORY: Wharton State Forest

Motorized and river access to Wharton State Forest continues to be limited or closed due to high water levels caused by recent precipitation.

Many roads are impassible at this current time. Today we identified a number of roads that have washed out and drainage pipes that have been compromised.

We continue to use caution and common sense when enjoying the forest responsibly.

If you are out in the forest and come across an area that has been damaged and needs to be brought to our attention, please call the Batsto office at (609) 561-0024.

#NJStateParks #WhartonStateForest

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

On Sunday, we rode to Tuckerton to visit family. In 2 places, one on 542 just east of Lower Bank Tavern & one on Stage Road at Bass River SF was flooded completely across the road. The surrounding soil at these locations are low/wetlands and just can't hold anymore water.

Speaking of Stage Rd. I was thinking it would be a cool trip to research, map & follow the Old Tuckerton-Stage Rd. A little google search will give a little insight on the route, so maybe gauging some interest for a ride?

Reactions: KC2BUN

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

The trusty ol' green turd is my beater really, as long as I have someone there to pull me to the street, I can call Geico for a tow.

I have absolutely 0 experience in the snow/ice, so I have no idea what it is or isn't capable of, I definitely plan on taking it easy for the most part

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

PARK ADVISORY: Wharton State Forest

Motorized and river access to Wharton State Forest continues to be limited or closed due to high water levels caused by recent precipitation.

Many roads are impassible at this current time. Today we identified a number of roads that have washed out and drainage pipes that have been compromised.

We continue to use caution and common sense when enjoying the forest responsibly.

If you are out in the forest and come across an area that has been damaged and needs to be brought to our attention, please call the Batsto office at (609) 561-0024.

#NJStateParks #WhartonStateForest
I'm not a Facebooker but I read this on another NJ pine Barrens site I belong to.
(Stinks cause Goodwater Road from Quaker Bridge to Batsto is my favorite ride when I'm on my DR350):

"On their Facebook page they show bridges under water. Pipe on good water road is completely washed out. They showed Evans bridge and the water is touching the bottom under the roadway"

Last edited: