Would You Trade in Your Tacoma 4 Runner Or Jeep For The New Bronco

• Total voters

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I voted no because they are WAY WAY overpriced in canada. The Squatch package is 7000 dollars. No thanks. I can buy a rubicon, add the best Teraflex or AEV suspension to that, plus tires and still have almost 2000 in the bank for other things. 77k plus tax for a black diamond edition with hard top, and squatch package here.....NOPE.

I am a ford person too. I drive jeeps because ford had nothing to this point like it. I was willing to take a hit and move me to a new bronco FS and the wife into a sport, but at the prices here. NO THANK YOU.

U

UgotWheelz

I voted no because they are WAY WAY overpriced in canada. The Squatch package is 7000 dollars. No thanks. I can buy a rubicon, add the best Teraflex or AEV suspension to that, plus tires and still have almost 2000 in the bank for other things. 77k plus tax for a black diamond edition with hard top, and squatch package here.....NOPE.

I am a ford person too. I drive jeeps because ford had nothing to this point like it. I was willing to take a hit and move me to a new bronco FS and the wife into a sport, but at the prices here. NO THANK YOU.
They are over priced once you get above first two trim levels. Honestly I think a base model Ranger FX4 package is the best deal going now for a overland vehicle. I ma curious to what Hyundai and Kia come up with on their new pickup truck. Nissan titan base was a good deal but Nissan just raised the prices and got rid of the incentives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The base model 2.3T 4 door Bronco with manual here is the best deal and really all you need. I have the FocusRS with same engine and the tuning companies are allready reworking their tuning platforms and parts from the (Mustang and Focus RS) Ecoboost to work with the Big Bronco. I don't think you really need all that fancy tech, and I am sure the aftermarket will offer better deals on options and accessories than Ford. Allot of that tech can be activated with Forscan or a tuning modual as all cars are built with it.

We just bought a BroncoSport BigBend UNDER $28,000 US with rebates and deals for the Baby Momma picking it up today. We drove a BadLands Bronco Sport (as noted above) she'll never need the additional capability it offers for nearly $8000-$10,000 bump in price. The base model Bronco Sport use a more reactive version of the new Ford Escape AWD system with additional modes. I have friends on Insta that are overlanding or "Softroading" the Escape without issues if your smart about where you go. The dealer here was very accommodating to install the tow package, front camera, and rubber floor mats we bought from the parts department so we would not have to move up to a higher level. The 1.5 ecoboost is already being tuned in Fiesta ST Mk8 in Europe to insane numbers they claim it is more tunable than the old 16L ecoboost 4 cylinder. So additional power if needed will be available from a Tune.

I use to work with Ford Engineers in UK and Germany and they are telling me the base model Bronco sport is more capable than the Escape due to its GC and skid plates, as well as the reprogramed AWD system, and retuned engine calibrations.

BigBroncos aren't available till late 2021 or even later unless you did an early pre-order so you have lots of time to see what pricing does and read reviews of the various trims levels. I am not a Truck/SUV guy I am hatchback kinda person I can tolerate lifted hatchback based crossovers but If i got a Big Bronco I would get a base manual with the 2.3L 4 door and goto the aftermarket for anything else I need.
Correction....it's all YOU really need, Not us. Hence the reason I say it's way overpriced for what I want in a rig now.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

LOL, Hardly :smiley:

I'll keep my Toyota, but I think the wife needs a Bronco!

View attachment 162982
Please, please, please God, blast some sense into the heads of those at Chevy and make them bring back a Blazer to be proud of. What a waste that the 50th anniversary of the Blazer was marked with a Nissan Murano-esque ride.

I digress...

I like what they did with the new Bronco a lot. Knocked it out of the park. I understand the Bronco Sport but it's not for me. If they were gonna go that route, I wish they would have gone one step further and made one more variant on the f150 platform. Call it the Bronco XLT or something.

But my money would probably go to the Toyota 4Runner route. Excellent quality, excellent reliability and its everything a new Blazer should be

U

UgotWheelz

The Bronco "Family" Covers allot of demographics Ford wants to target. The 4-door big bronco competes with several jeep models but also Toyota and Nissan trucks. The two door competes against Jeep Wrangler and some LandRover & RangeRover models. The Baby Bronco Sport covers the highly profitable crossover market of Rav4 and CRV and the Korean cousins, but also competes with Jeep Renegade and Compass to some extent The BandLands Sport competes with Cherokee, VW, Hyundai/KIA Performance Models. So that is allot of very important market share for ford now that they dont sell cars in NorthAmerica anymore. RAV4 is the number one selling vehicle in the USA and there are multiple models including a hybrid. Even though the Badlands is overpriced because you cant get a base no options version at dealers. Ford priced and specs these vehicles to try to compete in those markets successfully. I don't think the value is there for anything above the first two trim levels of either mode Bronco. Even those lower trims leave out options that should be standard on all vehicles at those price points. Now that I have driven one and know full well about Fords build quality issues and failure to cover warranty work I cant see owning one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Anyone waiting for the new Broc (non sport), will have to wait alot longer. It's now delayed until at least july 2021. They might have well called it the 2022 bronco at that point.
Where did you see this? My wife has a Big Bend 4 door reserved and has heard nothing yet, so I’ve been guessing the demand was much higher than anticipated.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Even on Ford’s build website it says that some people who have already put deposits down on a Bronco will not see them until 2022....

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
The factory stamped skid plates on my Super Duty are holding up fine. So I wouldn't underestimate them. I'd just add the OEM versions that you're missing for now.

Really no point in tuning up Rangers and Broncos. Still a slow 4x4. Let the Mustang guys blow up their rides. I quit building up my Mustang years ago. It's perfectly tough as is, I don't need to out drag perfectly new Porsche 911's with it. You have to draw the line somewhere, or go broke. Overlanding is an easy line. Reliability>power.

Reactions: DevilDodge

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I dont own a toyder or a jeep but I wouldnt mind adding the bronco to the collection. Ide keep the silverado and let my wife drive the bronco.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The factory stamped skid plates on my Super Duty are holding up fine. So I wouldn't underestimate them. I'd just add the OEM versions that you're missing for now.

Really no point in tuning up Rangers and Broncos. Still a slow 4x4. Let the Mustang guys blow up their rides. I quit building up my Mustang years ago. It's perfectly tough as is, I don't need to out drag perfectly new Porsche 911's with it. You have to draw the line somewhere, or go broke. Overlanding is an easy line. Reliability>power.
The stamped ones on your F250 are MUCH beefier than the tinfoil that comes on cross overs. I am replacing mine on the pat with the skids from the FDII version. They are actual skid plates compared to the ones that are on it now.