Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Yes, that’s right. Since we start at 8:30 I don’t want to be too far away so as to avoid waking up at a ridiculous early time... :)
Anyone have any suggestions for camping near Pleasanton?

About 20 minutes away is Del Valle Regional Park in Livermore, looks like they just reopened camping. Nothing fancy

Last edited:

OTG

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hurricane, Ut
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Reddish
The Lost Coast Of CA- Feb 19-21st, 2021*

The Lost Coast of California is a gorgeous part of our coast up north. It’s a long stretch of miles where I5 heads up the middle of the state, where Hwy 1 joins 101 veering inland, and a rugged portion of the coast is left pristine and untouched. Hikers truly get the best experience of the Lost Coast trail, but we can get a small sample disperse camping at Usal Beach. We will tour Avenue of the Giants where the tallest trees on earth grow, and disperse camp on the banks of the Klamath River. Bring your water boots (snow boots will work too) to walk up the slot canyon creek covered in ferns called Fern Canyon. This is a road trip/overland trip combo and it is stunning.

*if COVID guidelines conflict we will postpone to March 19-21st, 2021. Please read the entire description under the Rally Point Notes section.
Great job thanks for setting it up

Reactions: PapaDave

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
Great times, @PapaDave. Nice pivot to plan B on the cushy glamp site on the second night. :wink: It was a nice respite from the weather at Usal. haha...

• Haha
Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That was indeed an awesome trip. Thank you again Dave for planning and organizing everything so well. I put together a short video of parts of the trip, for those that were there and want to relive it, or for those that sadly missed it!

Great video!

Reactions: Leirbag

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That was indeed an awesome trip. Thank you again Dave for planning and organizing everything so well. I put together a short video of parts of the trip, for those that were there and want to relive it, or for those that sadly missed it!

Great video!

OutbackInTheWild

Rank V

Advocate III

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Vladimirs
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6VVP
Hey guys when you used the traction boards which ones seemed to work better?
I remember we talked about it but cant remember the name:))) must be getting old:)