Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Tak
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PAZ
Hi papadave, would love to be added to waitlist if possible. It would be my wife and I first time trip via OB rally. Let me know!

Reactions: PapaDave

steelheadbum

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Tak
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PAZ
Hi papadave, would love to be added to waitlist if possible. It would be my wife and I first time trip via OB rally. Let me know!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Hey everyone I know its short notice but since I cant make it on the 19th for the trip me and @Dseck63 will be going up to usal this weekend. We plan the leave the SF area around 6 or 7pm on friday and drive up to usal. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Bernard_C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Menlo Park, CA
First Name
Bernard
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN9NGN
Quick question, how long will be at usal beach? Wondering if I have time to get some lines wet.
We “should” arrive about 2-3pm Friday and then we will head out about 8:30am the next morning.
I'll bring a rod BCMoto. Let's see what lives in the surf...

Reactions: BCMoto

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Hey all. It looks like I’m not going to be able to get that Friday off now so my “spot” on the waiting list is open FWIW.
I’ll download the map file and do this another weekend but with out you fine folks for company.
Have fun and drive safe.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Is ANYONE excited for this trip? 2 weeks from today we will be cooking up dinner and sitting around a bonfire together at Usal Beach! Given its February be sure to bring warm clothes, sleeping arrangements, and if rain is in the forecast plan accordingly.

Be sure to give your rig a thorough check over for the trip, I just went through my camp lighting set up to make sure all was good. This is a pretty easy off road trip but we definitely have some highway miles to go.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Dave

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

@Dseck63 and myself just came back from Usal yesterday the roads in and out are ok some small ruts but nothing big. The only thing to let you guys know is that at about 11pm till morning the wind was blowing pretty hard so be ready to tie your ground tent down! I would say wind gust to 60mph but daytime was so nice!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank
@Dseck63 and myself just came back from Usal yesterday the roads in and out are ok some small ruts but nothing big. The only thing to let you guys know is that at about 11pm till morning the wind was blowing pretty hard so be ready to tie your ground tent down! I would say wind gust to 60mph but daytime was so nice!
Thank you for the update! Yeah I’ve had it be both ways with the wind, great reminder! Glad you guys had fun!

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Ha! I was just thinking of heading up there this weekend anyway. Just trying to make it work at work. This now "commits" me to making it work.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Ha! I was just thinking of heading up there this weekend anyway. Just trying to make it work at work. This now "commits" me to making it work.
So are you going this coming weekend and going the 19th?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
the gpx file doesn't seem to be working. at least when I try and import it into gaia, i get an error notice.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
What Freq will you guys be on ?
My son and I will be passing down this track around the same days going North to South and it would be fun to listen to chatter or say hey if we are near by.
If you see red Transit 4x4 poptop with a bunch of sticker on the side give a shout ! I usually run 146.460 and listen

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
What Freq will you guys be on ?
My son and I will be passing down this track around the same days going North to South and it would be fun to listen to chatter or say hey if we are near by.
If you see red Transit 4x4 poptop with a bunch of sticker on the side give a shout ! I usually run 146.460 and listen
Same channel 146.460

Let us know if you hear us!

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Hi guys! Super excited to meet you all and have fun on this trip. I am new to HAM and I am not licensed yet, but I am getting a radio for this anyway which is arriving on Tuesday. So, I’ll be a radio newbie... :smile:

For those of you local to the meet up area, can you recommend a camping location nearby? I am coming from San Diego so I would like to go the previous day.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi guys! Super excited to meet you all and have fun on this trip. I am new to HAM and I am not licensed yet, but I am getting a radio for this anyway which is arriving on Tuesday. So, I’ll be a radio newbie... :smile:

For those of you local to the meet up area, can you recommend a camping location nearby? I am coming from San Diego so I would like to go the previous day.
Where are you wanting to camp near? Pleasanton California where we takeoff Friday morning from?

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Yes, that’s right. Since we start at 8:30 I don’t want to be too far away so as to avoid waking up at a ridiculous early time... :)