The 'It is Official Overland Expo East' thread

• HTML tutorial

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

I'll be there. Headed to Asheville Thursday evening after work to stay with a friend that lives there. I'm planning to get in to the event early Friday morning, check the vendors and wander the camp site area to see some rigs in their natural environment. I'll try to say hello to any OB members that can be identified. This is me...wave if you see me.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

"Argh". I should have went to Expo East. I'm currently jobless and homeless, so all that works out quite well for making the adventure... But, I ended up in Vancouver area on my current travels. Spent too much time procrastinating about making the trip back East and now it's too late to make the journey. Hope to see lots of good photos from the event!

Reactions: dziner

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Well, looks like I'm leaving tonight and breaking up the trip. Might be able to link up with folks in the morning. I'm hoping to make PA before I call it a night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app
I know @dziner is leaving Harrisburg about 0500. We plan to link up at a Sheetz just south of Winchester, VA on I81. My cell is 9312067655. Shoot me a text, you just may catch up to us.

Tim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

As a newbie to the Overland Expo...Are vendors selling anything right there on site or are items just for show? Just trying to get my bearings with what to expect. I know it will be visual overload...just wondering if my wallet will be as well.

Reactions: dziner

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

As a newbie to the Overland Expo...Are vendors selling anything right there on site or are items just for show? Just trying to get my bearings with what to expect. I know it will be visual overload...just wondering if my wallet will be as well.
You can count on a lighter wallet when you leave Expo. Tons of awesome vendors, lots of swag, and lots of gear. I came back from Expo West with a SnoMaster fridge in my Tacoma. :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I camped beyond the vendors last year and the ground was practically sand. That sucks if you need to stake anything down. I'm thinking about choosing to camp in front of HQ because the grass area seems a bit more solid. Looks like it's going to be great weather, but probably very dusty. I'm looking forward to the temperature dropping later in the week.

@outwardbound and I will be there tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to text me as well (7173193121). I have a small OB flag I can try to hang somewhere.

Cyan from Overland Expo says camping will be tight because of the amount of people. We can still try to save some spots next to us and/or behind us. We're to park in rows to make coming and going easier.