The EH-2 Expedition Hauler by 410XCO

• HTML tutorial

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Watched on YouTube too!Looks great! Crezone?I checked it out at home hardware 82 a sheet. The tech sheet says two seal coats and more again on edges. Very clear to seal.have you had issues? Any problems sealing? Thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using OB Talk mobile app

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

thanks you so much for the inspiration @Cappy410 , am enjoying your vids every time! I think I'm going to start my own overlanding trailer project when we're back from our overlanding honeymoon trip through norway :-)

NiKoLasK74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Laval, Qc
First Name
Nicolas
Last Name
Kokkinis
@Cappy410 Really nice work thanks for sharing :) Let me know if you build an EH-3, i'll take the EH-2 off your hands lOl

Last edited by a moderator:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Cappy410 - Don't know how I missed this in wandering around the forums. Beautiful work, man, and I really like the process from start to finish. Beautiful sketches, too. That's what caught my eye initially. Sure helps a lot when you can do accurate and to-scale sketches by hand.

Now that your trailer is almost a year old and you've had it through an Alberta winter, how has the Crezon ply held up? It's the same as MDO ply, right, with a phenolic resin paper coat at least one side? I've used that plenty, before, but hadn't heard the name Crezon.

I found in the past, for exterior use, my best combo for durability was the Sherwin Williams primer Chek-Gard (no longer made under that name, but was an ammonia-smelling water-based primer that leached in well, sanded nicely, and proved to be the perfect binder to a good topcoat) and Ben Moore Alkyd Impervo Enamel. Very nice smooth, self-leveling finish that lasts years.

Anyway, if you peek back in here anytime soon, how is the ply holding up? I'm thinking about building my own shallow pop-top--hinged at one end--for my extended body van, or at least a 6-8" MDO frame around the sides and use the existing top and ribs as new top.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Very nice work!! I am building a trailer also and I was wondering about your trailer tongue length. How far is it from your vehicle to the structure on your trailer? In other words, what is the steepest angle you can go through (like a ditch or creek) without your trailer contacting your vehicle? Hope I explained that correctly......

Brownfletch

Rank III

Contributor III

Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown-Fletcher
Member #

With the increase mileage on my JK and the lack of fuel economy, it was time to build a full overland trailer. You see, my JK is my daily driver and having the RTT on the rack does not help. I've been thinking of a complete rebuild on the current offroad trailer I had which followed me to Utah, The Yukon and Alaska. Having the wife join me on our big YK/AK trip, she determined that the trailer was not practical. So, with some input (yes, she can come up with great ideas from time to time) it was back to the drawing board.
Just want to thank you Chappy for the inspiration and the design. I added a few of my own ideas to my build but I would not even started if it wasn’t for you photos and videos. Much appreciated. See you on the trails..Regards member 40029

Attachments