Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hi Overland Bound Members....I picked up a new knife a few months back and wanted to share my thoughts on it. First, like many of you...I have many knifes and buy them often for all kinds of things and every one of my vehicles has at least one knife tucked away in it.

I bought the Gerber Bear Brylls folding sheath knife at REI. I was looking for an all around pocket knife. I found this knife to be well balanced and I love the way the knife handles feel in my hand! Some of features include dual thumbstud, lockback, full fine edge blade (great for cutting apples), a nice textured rubber grip, and sturdy sheath. The blade is very, very sharp…I was testing the blade out and cut myself with out realizing it. It also came with handy "priorities of survival pocket guide". The knife at $38 bucks is a very good buy.

Dominic

image_1.jpeg image.jpeg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Oooh blades. The ones I carry the most are my Benchmade Griptilian Tanto, 557 and 553. I also kinda like my cheap CRKT, which clips nicely to the front driver seat base on my LR4. (You could say its my LR4s daily carry)

Last edited:

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Nice thread. I will follow this. Maybe I get a good hint for the one I like to buy in the future.

Greetings from Robert

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Hi Overland Bound Members....I picked up a new knife a few months back and wanted to share my thoughts on it. First, like many of you...I have many knifes and buy them often for all kinds of things and every one of my vehicles has at least one knife tucked away in it.

I bought the Gerber Bear Brylls folding sheath knife at REI. I was looking for an all around pocket knife. I found this knife to be well balanced and I love the way the knife handles feel in my hand! Some of features include dual thumbstud, lockback, full fine edge blade (great for cutting apples), a nice textured rubber grip, and sturdy sheath. The blade is very, very sharp…I was testing the blade out and cut myself with out realizing it. It also came with handy "priorities of survival pocket guide". The knife at $38 bucks is a very good buy.

Dominic

View attachment 25 View attachment 27
I have 2 of these that have had the crap beat out of them, been used as pry bars and screw drivers countless times. Still works great.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

My (late) Father was a small time gun dealer, and he turned me on to SOG knives and multi-tools over 2 decades ago. I'm never without a Flash 2 assisted open knife and SOME sort of SOG multi-tool now. They've gotten me out of too many jams.

Ignore the shameless cd (available @ iTunes and Google Play) plug........................

Reactions: Charles M and Chris

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
I love knives and have probably 100 plus. It is hard for me to pass them up far too often. I don't go for real expense but not bottom of the barrel either. There are some nice name brand ones tucked away, but generally I carry something that if lost or left or if I think someone needs it more than I - is not a great loss. About half my friends carry a knife I gave them at some point. I rotate through several daily carry's but have been carrying either a buck or gerber lately. One of these models mostly...

Gerber Paraframe

Buck Redpoint - love this and my wife actually picked it out since it locks closed and open and she feels better with the kids around

Buck - Parallex

With deer season opening tomorrow, I just got the ole Schade back out to hopefully gut another few this year, but my buddy said when he comes down he bought me one of these Real Avid Viscera which I kow nothing about, but it is nice he bought for me so i will give it a whirl.

Schade fixed

Real Avid Viscera

Reactions: Ben Kim and Chris

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

uploadfromtaptalk1449894319826.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449894348846.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449894401317.jpg

This was a pre deployment gift from my uncle bill in 2010

Had it on my IOTV/Plate Carrier the whole time.

Now it lives under my right side sustainment pouch on my Molle ruck.

Hands down... toughest SOB ive ever owned.

To war or to camp, this is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

View attachment 820View attachment 821View attachment 822

This was a pre deployment gift from my uncle bill in 2010

Had it on my IOTV/Plate Carrier the whole time.

Now it lives under my right side sustainment pouch on my Molle ruck.

Hands down... toughest SOB ive ever owned.

To war or to camp, this is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Trying to think of a better word then awesome. That thing looks...awesome

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

As promised! Pardon crappy cell pics I tried to use a little flashlight for fill...

The beater - fixed blade: RAT RC-3

The beater - folding blade: Kershaw Tyrade w/G10 scales

Shelf queen - fixed: Chris Reeve Shadow IV

As you can see her shelf queen status has been slightly compromised...

Shelf queen - folder: Kershaw Tyrade, titanium scales w/CF accents

Random goodies...

ProTech Runt: CA legal switchblade! 3.062"

Often sees use as a moneyclip when I don't want to carry a wallet, although to be legal it must be visible :ohwell:

PawPaw's old Buck 110. Needs light polish from sheath rubbing but awesome patina:

CountyComm breacher bar. For when you just gotta beat the snot out of something:

There's more but now I'm tired...

Last edited:

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I'll have to post pictures when I get them, but just bought an ESEE 4 and an ESEE Zancudo. I've also got a knockoff SOG my brother gave me that's worked pretty well. As for multitools I've got a Gerber that I keep in the Jeep, and two others that the brand is escaping me right now. I keep one in my tackle box and the other at home.

Reactions: maktruk