Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I could see that. It's tough for me in Austin cause both borders are about equally far to drive and equally beautiful. But I think this makes sense.

Reactions: Paul95zj

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

Im in north texas, he is in central texas. Parts of houston and corpus christi are near south texas which are on the coast

Reactions: Michael

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

Dallas, houston, san antonio, austin, corpus christi are all relatively in the same "region".

The guys out west in el paso, lubbock, midland, amarillo usually head west for most of their trips.

Arkansas, Oklahoma, and louisana would also fit well into the region as well

Just for reference, its about 650 miles from dallas to el paso, and about 420 miles from dallas to corpus.

Reactions: Michael

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

There is some nice stuff around Big Bend, then you also have the sand hills not too far outside midland.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I hate to split Texas up but it is such a big state that its hard to justify keeping it together.

Reactions: TxTerra

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Dallas, houston, san antonio, austin, corpus christi are all relatively in the same "region".

The guys out west in el paso, lubbock, midland, amarillo usually head west for most of their trips.

Arkansas, Oklahoma, and louisana would also fit well into the region as well

Just for reference, its about 650 miles from dallas to el paso, and about 420 miles from dallas to corpus.
Go big or go home :) You guys have a huge state!

Reactions: TxTerra

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

texas.PNG
I'm in that one area.. with no number lol. Logistically speaking.... and personal preference. i will likely be headed toward Region 8 for now. As i continue to improve my rig i will move on to farther destinations. As it is i go to Toledo Bend Reservoir twice a year.