Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Just a word of caution I know that most if not all going knows this is rattlesnake country so be on the alert for the pesky things my nieces son was bitten last year out in this area he was gathering wood for a campfire and it was under the branch he picked up it was a baby rattler so please be on look out

Reactions: Tray

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Just so nothing gets lost in translation this is what the dos Rios camp ground said, if for some reason this will not work for you please let me know before I reserve ($50 non-refundable) our site on Monday:

“We would be happy to host your group. I have a single site ( tent 3 ) that can handle 10 tents with plenty off parking nearby.
I prefer a single point contact who coordinates and handles the payment. Fee’s are 25$ per tent, normally 2 adults with kids.
Please make sure everyone understands they cannot drive on the site. It is a leaching field and cannot handle heavy loads.
The site is shady, has a hammock, fire pit, picnic table and is near the bath house. A single 110v outlet is nearby.
Check the link below for pictures and more info about the park.

Bob”
I'll pitch in for the site just let me know how much and who to pay

Reactions: Tray

Buyer1995

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Elgin, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Buyer
Member #

Just so nothing gets lost in translation this is what the dos Rios camp ground said, if for some reason this will not work for you please let me know before I reserve ($50 non-refundable) our site on Monday:

“We would be happy to host your group. I have a single site ( tent 3 ) that can handle 10 tents with plenty off parking nearby.
I prefer a single point contact who coordinates and handles the payment. Fee’s are 25$ per tent, normally 2 adults with kids.
Please make sure everyone understands they cannot drive on the site. It is a leaching field and cannot handle heavy loads.
The site is shady, has a hammock, fire pit, picnic table and is near the bath house. A single 110v outlet is nearby.
Check the link below for pictures and more info about the park.

Bob”
Just let me know what to pitch in as well. My wife and I are looking forward to the trip!

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Ok who do I need to pay I have a cabin tent so if push comes to shove it can handle about 2 to 3 couples if thay don't mind close quarters
If you are gonna stay at tents site 3, I will reserve it and we can get squared up when we get there, just bring cash.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

Does anyone going on the run monitor this or Facebook or ??? while traveling? I only ask because we are driving down from Fort Worth Saturday morning. We plan on leaving by 5:45a which puts us there for a 9:00 am start. We will be camping and then staying in Fredericksburg Sunday,.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Does anyone going on the run monitor this or Facebook or ??? while traveling? I only ask because we are driving down from Fort Worth Saturday morning. We plan on leaving by 5:45a which puts us there for a 9:00 am start. We will be camping and then staying in Fredericksburg Sunday,.
I will be monitoring this site.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
I will likely DM everyone my cell number too.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
I will meet up for the run but will have to miss the camp. Is the meet up time at the rally point at 11 CDT or 9 CDT?
9AM central time is start time. Likely do a real quick driver meeting just to cover basics, meet everyone and figure out comms and order of travel then we’ll be off.