Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Anybody in Texas Hill Country going to be around for the April 8th, 2024 Solar Eclipse? Anybody have room for some Overland Bound Members from California? Someplace where we could set up a small group camp? Look at the linked map and let us know if you're open to this and where you are located... The closer to the centerline the better.

Reactions: roots66

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Anybody in Texas Hill Country going to be around for the April 8th, 2024 Solar Eclipse? Anybody have room for some Overland Bound Members from California? Someplace where we could set up a small group camp? Look at the linked map and let us know if you're open to this and where you are located... The closer to the centerline the better.
I'll be around, but don't have any property to offer. Would love to setup a meet for OB members traveling to town.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
We will be travelling to Kerrville, TX to see the eclipse (saw the last one there too). There are some locations there as well as nearby in Fredericksburg for group camping. Best bet for a larger group is probably Oxford Ranch Campground in Llano.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Nah, we’re all going to Florida for spring break.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Texas Hill Country Route Trip 4/6/2024
Setting this up as an annual trip on the first Saturday of April. New rally point info is here:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Texas Hill Country Route Trip 4/6/2024
Setting this up as an annual trip on the first Saturday of April. New rally point info is here:

That ought to be right smack in the middle of the wildflower bloom. That's going to be a great trip.
Unfortunately, that's my wife's birthday weekend and we'll be in Vegas. Hope y'all have a great time. I'll try to make the next one.

• Sad

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
That ought to be right smack in the middle of the wildflower bloom. That's going to be a great trip.
Unfortunately, that's my wife's birthday weekend and we'll be in Vegas. Hope y'all have a great time. I'll try to make the next one.
We'll miss you. Have a fun in Vegas.

Reactions: DosTacos

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trip 3/2/2024
This will be in place of the monthly meet-up for March.

Reactions: Raul B

Tennpenn83

Rank II

Member I

Bastrop, Texas, United States
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
BigJ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS licensed
Service Branch
Army
Jordan here from Bastrop, just SE of Austin.

New to these forums. I have also started my intro thread which should be up soon with some pictures as soon as I get them loaded. Looking forward to meeting some of you all here soon.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

New to these forums. I have also started my intro thread which should be up soon with some pictures as soon as I get them loaded. Looking forward to meeting some of you all here soon.
Hello Jordan(@Tennpenn83 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. There are two meet ups close to you.

South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

There's also a trip through the Hill Country coming up this Saturday if you can make it. Check it out here: Annual Texas Hill Country Route Trip

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
REMINDER -
Texas Hill Country Route Trip is this Saturday, 4/6/2024
We will meet up at Academy Sports & Outdoors in Georgetown around 7:00am and head out sometime around 7:30am.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

Hi there. @2WheelRob and I are also in Bastrop.

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Unbound4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leander, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6UXD
Will you be making the Hill Country trip this Sat?
Yea I RSVP'ed weeks ago and said I may be bringing a few extra rigs with me. Looking like that may not happen but my family and I will be there, Not going to camp though as we have plans for Sunday.