Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Hey just wanting to see if anyone else is heading out to the Texas Outdoor Expo this weekend. Feeling all the FOMO from not being able to go to Overland Expo West, I’m heading out there Saturday morning through Sunday.

Reactions: Kozysnack

7YODA5

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
I’m going excited about it after missing last year. I went in 2019 but wasn’t able to stay more than Friday afternoon and sat long enough to pack and leave. This year I’ll be checking in Friday morning!

Reactions: Sparksalot

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas
What actually goes on at this event?

Very few vendors, 1 scheduled presenter doing an AAR, no food vendors, The blog has no posts?

Guess with the Big three overland events (2 in Sept, 1 week after this), this event got no traction from the industry.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
What actually goes on at this event?

Very few vendors, 1 scheduled presenter doing an AAR, no food vendors, The blog has no posts?

Guess with the Big three overland events (2 in Sept, 1 week after this), this event got no traction from the industry.
In others exactly normal for this event. 2019 was pretty decent.

it’s not Expo xxx, but it’s a good show and day or weekend.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Several of us from the Austin area are planning to be there.
Awesome! I’m coming up from Houston and am looking forward to meeting some of the other enthusiasts from the forum. It’ll be good to see some of the rigs in person and meet the people behind the posts.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Awesome! I’m coming up from Houston and am looking forward to meeting some of the other enthusiasts from the forum. It’ll be good to see some of the rigs in person and meet the people behind the posts.
That’ll be cool. Be sure to give a shout out when you arrive.

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

It was a fun event. The turn out overall was bigger than I expected, especially for those that just came during the day. It was good meeting some of the peopole from the forum too and sharing stories by the fire.
Here are the few pictures I took during the event. None of our campsite but a few of the expo area.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
It was a fun event. The turn out overall was bigger than I expected, especially for those that just came during the day. It was good meeting some of the peopole from the forum too and sharing stories by the fire.
Here are the few pictures I took during the event. None of our campsite but a few of the expo area.
This morning before the fog burned off.

92A656E3-3DB1-4A0C-9B18-9ECAA3142B76.jpeg086ED107-7E29-46A2-8D7E-51FFB1E61232.jpeg6BEB82A8-3D0B-4A90-8F23-871224BA9BE1.jpeg

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I hope to be able to go next year

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
The Texas Fall Expo will be Sept 30 - Oct 2, 2022 outside Llano,TX

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Any idea of what vendors and events will be happening? The site is a bit bare
The event was just announced ,but as of now CB Adventure supply and Four Wheel Parts will be there. It is usually has quite a few vendors and a good attendance.

Camping is at the venue and there is plenty of room to spread out.

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Any idea of what vendors and events will be happening? The site is a bit bare
The event was just announced but as of now CB Adventure supply and Four Wheel Parts will be there. It is usually has quiet a few vendors and a good attendance.
I might be in if there’s some of the off-road trailer companies there. I’ve been itching to check them out in person (Overkill, Offgrid, Bean, etc).