Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

If life allows I am going so count me in. How technical is the terrain? I have a friend with a stock 4x4 Ford Ranger. FYI if you go a few miles past Cliffdell and head up road NF-19 beyond Little Naches Campground you will find several options to accommodate a group camp. Also road NF-1709 has several primitive options as well.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

If life allows I am going so count me in. How technical is the terrain? I have a friend with a stock 4x4 Ford Ranger. FYI if you go a few miles past Cliffdell and head up road NF-19 beyond Little Naches Campground you will find several options to accommodate a group camp. Also road NF-1709 has several primitive options as well.
When I ran it earlier in the year, there wasn't anything that a stock 4x4 Ranger wouldn't be able to take.

Anything larger than my Commander might start to have problems at one section. Trailers might get complicated as well.

But that's only one very small section on the ridge where people with small rigs cut the path clear.

If you have some approximate coordinates, I can get them on the map!

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

When I ran it earlier in the year, there wasn't anything that a stock 4x4 Ranger wouldn't be able to take.

Anything larger than my Commander might start to have problems at one section. Trailers might get complicated as well.

But that's only one very small section on the ridge where people with small rigs cut the path clear.

If you have some approximate coordinates, I can get them on the map!
Thanks for the info, as far as coordinates all I have is what I have given, just road numbers. Sorry I don't have more to offer.

r1_iceman

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish County
Member #

Most stock 4x4s should be able to complete the whole WABDR. Really all depends on the amount of deadfall and runoff damage to the trail. Ran the southern half in June of this year and there are some really tight sections near Bethel Ridge due to whoever cut the path, only making it wide enough for UTVs. There were reports of a washout north of Entiat or Chelan if I recall with directions for bypass, according to the BDR website.

Last edited:
Reactions: B Wild