Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

One of the pictures that was posted the OB IG feed reminded me of the awesome weekend we had up here last summer.

I was thinking maybe we should plan something like that again!

A couple thoughts that jumped out were to do the same run as before. Another was that we could maybe do a piece of the BDR.

We could do a lot of the heavy lifting, and if @Corrie and/or @Michael decided to pop up this way again, they could just sit back and enjoy themselves, and not have to worry about any logistics.

Thoughts?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
One of the pictures that was posted the OB IG feed reminded me of the awesome weekend we had up here last summer.

I was thinking maybe we should plan something like that again!

A couple thoughts that jumped out were to do the same run as before. Another was that we could maybe do a piece of the BDR.

We could do a lot of the heavy lifting, and if @Corrie and/or @Michael decided to pop up this way again, they could just sit back and enjoy themselves, and not have to worry about any logistics.

Thoughts?
I like this idea! I'm open to other locations as well!

M

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I'd really like to get to some of the bdr that's had fires in the past few years. I've seen some videos that make it look eerily cool (if eerily is even a word).
Whether or not it's a word - it's an eerily cool word and sounds awesome! I would be in for something like that for a two or three day adventure - work - and I've watched the DVD on the WBDR and it looks like something I wouldn't need a tank for and not destroy my rig on but a nice challenge!!

Sub'd and waiting for deets!! Thanks for posting & sharing...oh, and if @Michael @Corrie did wander this way......

Reactions: TheMcCalls

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

It sounds like I should probably figure out a section of the WABDR to do.

My initial thought was to do a short run starting the trail on Saturday Morning, getting to a spot that night, with a shorter-ish run to get off the mountain (little if any back tracking). That way people would be less likely to have those pesky adult responsibilities get in the way (aka, work).

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

When I last took the trip, I didn't really pay a lot of attention looking for sites that might be large enough for a big group of rigs.

The only place I can think, is on the top of a mountain. It would have spectacular views, but it it will be really windy.

Does anyone have any thoughts for places that could camp 10+ rigs, and not have our camp fire blow off the mountain?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

To the north of that is the wildlife refuge, correct? That route seems like it would probably rally/start in Ellensburg and come out on 410 the next day.

I'm trying to find good options that will make for a successfully run, and it sounded like the WA BDR peaked a lot of interest.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I used a spot right here a couple summers ago, we had 9-11 rigs with one trailer and had plenty of room.
Dropped Pin

https://goo.gl/maps/2BjGvgUwwjN2

Edit: guess I should get clarification to know where you were looking.
The only thing I can see about that location is that it's at a crossroads.

We could use that as a start point, fan out, and find something a little better though...

Here is a map we can work from. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wqvu2SPgJ_E8CiKSd1r8MMq-haM

I'll get that section of the BDR uploaded to it later today.

Update: I uploaded the relevant section of the BDR that I recorded from my trip earlier this year.

Last edited:

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

I'm planning something like this with some folks for late July. Just loose plans for now.

Any interest in doing the whole thing?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

For reference... This section of the BDR the last time I took it was an average of 9 MPH. Most of that was the NE section. Very, very rocky, and very sharp.

possible1.jpeg possible2.jpeg

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
That date would work for me, right now.

Due to the nature of my employment, it's difficult to commit to a concrete date this far out. Regardless, count me in.