Tents

• HTML tutorial

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Being from the Southwest, tents become something you have to put and take down. All kidding aside--I use a cot under the stars most of the time. I do have an awning w/walls on my truck if the weather requires. I am building a little base camp trailer that I will put my Camping Labs RTT on once it is complete. I did travel with the RTT on top of the FJ for awhile but just got tired of it up there all of the time. I guess it is the mminimalist in me. The one thing I absolutly hate is packing up camp. So I try to be easy.

Phone download 6-8-16 1458.JPG
I can be packed and rolling in 15 minutes from this point.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@Gunnermoose said. I can be packed and rolling in 15 minutes from this point. That's fast, I have been swapping equipment for ease of use for six months and getting real close. I find the simple things can make a huge difference...

Reactions: NorthStar96

Owencavlys

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate I

Centennial, Clorado
Member #

I had a 2-man tent that wouldn't fit the family, so we just upgraded to a Kodiak canvas. Built to withstand hell, made in America, canvas durability.

Wife and I are both tall people, so we're gonna enjoy the 6'6" height inside.

hqdefault.jpg (Pic not mine)

Mdyk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
Member #

For shorter trips I love my Napier bed tent. I have to unpack the entire bed so it's better when I've packed light, but I generally try to pack as light as possible anyway.

ChefboyRD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Manassas,Va
Member #

I had a 2-man tent that wouldn't fit the family, so we just upgraded to a Kodiak canvas. Built to withstand hell, made in America, canvas durability.

Wife and I are both tall people, so we're gonna enjoy the 6'6" height inside.

View attachment 7378 (Pic not mine)

Our's weathered a tropical storm on Hatteras Island.......best tent I've used!

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

In the past I have always used my ultralight backpacking tent or my hammock set up. I just recently picked up an Oztent RV-3 and cot. I haven't bee out yet with it on a trip but I have set it up in the backyard and I must say I am already in love with it. I have a 110lb Doberman that goes camping with me everywhere so the size of the RV-3 is perfect for hammock, a small table and his mat. Hoping to get away next weekend and run the new set up.

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

All of our tents were purchased for backpacking. We currently have, and use the hell out of our North Face MICK SL2 tent. This tent has seen over 3000 trail miles, and over 200 nights of use in the last couple years. The tent has held up very well, and North Face has repaired some mesh damage as no charge.