Tennessee/Kentucky??

• HTML tutorial

Ryebro11B

Rank 0

Traveler I

We are heading out to LBL this weekend.

Not sure how to post pics, it's a 3" lifted Disco 2 on 31's. We just got our arb Awning and fridge so we want to test them out and the weather looks good. What about you?

Ryebro11B

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey man, what's your setup? We frequent LBL and a few places out east. All the nice exploring is out by the smoky mtns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using OB Talk mobile app
We are heading out to LBL this weekend.

Not sure how to post pics, it's a 3" lifted Disco 2 on 31's. We just got our arb Awning and fridge so we want to test them out and the weather looks good. What about you?

Reactions: dj_mccomas

RickB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Floyd County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Bonam
Member #

New member in southern Indiana (Louisville area) here. I'm pretty interested in these spots you guys are talking about. Haven't been to any of them, but I'm checking out videos of others driving the trails (well, so far just the Daniel Boone Backwoods Byway). Anything that a bone stock Jeep JKU can handle would fit the bill. Keep me in the loop if anything materializes as far as getting some people together to roll out there.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

New member in southern Indiana (Louisville area) here. I'm pretty interested in these spots you guys are talking about. Haven't been to any of them, but I'm checking out videos of others driving the trails (well, so far just the Daniel Boone Backwoods Byway). Anything that a bone stock Jeep JKU can handle would fit the bill. Keep me in the loop if anything materializes as far as getting some people together to roll out there.
The DBBB should be good in a stock jku, as long as you don't get on the really difficult section. This has good info about it http://sevenslotsyndicate.com/blog/daniel-boone-backcountry-byway/

RickB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Floyd County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Bonam
Member #

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Looks like it would still be a good plan to head out there with someone who knows the routes, given it's size, even with the map. Also, because stuff happens. :)

On a another note, it's fun and kind of interesting to be in a forum where it's not a bad idea to mention your JKU is *only* just a stock one. It's all relative!

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Looks like it would still be a good plan to head out there with someone who knows the routes, given it's size, even with the map. Also, because stuff happens. :)

On a another note, it's fun and kind of interesting to be in a forum where it's not a bad idea to mention your JKU is *only* just a stock one. It's all relative!
No big deal at all man, and yeah, definitely go with someone. I want to get back out there again, I'll be sure to hit you up when I do.

Reactions: RickB

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey guys - I have old family in east Tennessee, used to live in a few different places in Kentucky, and travel through both states a lot. If you don't mind an old road dude with a GMC diesel Savana (soon to be a Clydesdale 4x4, hopefully) towing a new XVenture XV-2 Severe Duty trailer, I'd love to meet any and all of you for local meets and to join in some of the runs you might be doing. I'm a pro photographer and have a ton of gear well-suited for overlanding vids.

Dry roads and open skies, guys, hope to meet some of you when in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Steve Blair

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lexington Ky
Member #

New member here. Late to the party on this particular thread, but I wanted to jump into a conversation about KY/TN. Based in Lexington KY and new to overlanding, but ready for adventure!

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

New member here. Late to the party on this particular thread, but I wanted to jump into a conversation about KY/TN. Based in Lexington KY and new to overlanding, but ready for adventure!
Welcome! I'm in Louisville, there are quite a few others in Lexington. Check the members map out for sure.

Reactions: Steve Blair