Telescopic Awning 1.0

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank I

Contributor II

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

A photo is worth a thousand words, so I a video is worth at least 1250 words.

So this is the first version of my telescopic awning and already I see changes and improvements I would like to make for the next one. Clearly welding vs hose clamps is going to happen but for testing this works fine.

The design considerations for my awning were as follows.
1. NO pvc pipe
2. Low profile
3. Affordable
4. Lightweight
5. Simple and sleek design
6. Replaceable tarp (sil, poly, or nylon) all work here
7. The ability to run a larger tarp simply by drilling one hole in the exterior tube.

I'm open to thoughts and constructive criticism since this is the first pancake.

persquank

Rank V

Enthusiast I

MKE
Member #

This is a great idea. Get some collapsible poles for the corners or just tie it to a near by tree.

PapaDave

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Ripon Ca
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
One additional design consideration for you is if you can nest one more smaller pole inside of your extending pole, then cut a square notch into the end of that middle size square tube, the smallest nesting pole can swing out on your locking pin as a hinge fitting snuggly into the middle tubes square notch at a right angle and give you hard sides to lash your tarp to. Make sense?

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank I

Contributor II

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

One additional design consideration for you is if you can nest one more smaller pole inside of your extending pole, then cut a square notch into the end of that middle size square tube, the smallest nesting pole can swing out on your locking pin as a hinge fitting snuggly into the middle tubes square notch at a right angle and give you hard sides to lash your tarp to. Make sense?
I like that idea.