Tacoma (#trophylander) Build

• HTML tutorial

SDkoncepts808

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

oahu, HI / san diego CA
Member #

So last year I decided to start on a project that I've been wanting to do for some time now. I wanted to build a truck that was capable of taking me on the many adventures I love going on. I decided the Tacoma was the best platform so in early 2015 I purchased a brand spanking new Base V6 4x4 four door Tacoma and dove into the upgrading process. Here is my trucks progress so far. Ask away if you have any questions or comments about the build process or the parts I used.

The first real upgrade i did was the K&N intake but pretty much everyone does that so i wont focus on it. After that I put on the ICON stage 3 kit on.

I replaced the stock rims and tires with the TRD bronze rims wrapped in good ole' BFgoodrich AT's.

I decided to ditch the ICON kit and go with Total Chaos long travel in the front. I went with the 3.5in control arms and king 2 tube bypass shocks.

Got a wider stance in the front now. At the time of the picture i was waiting for my glass to be shipped out.

Finally got my glass in from Glassworks unlimited

Attachments

Last edited:

SDkoncepts808

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

oahu, HI / san diego CA
Member #

Got my pallet of goods from Pelfreybilt.

Everything installed. It looks much better now that I got rid of the stupid stock bumpers :)

Fabbed some mounts for my rock lights. If you haven't checked out digidiodes I highly recommend them for lighting applications.

Now just to rig the lights in foreward of the front wheels and behind the rears!