Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Yeah, so on Friday it said only a few scattered showers, but as of today, it says Thunderstorms for Saturday... but it could all change in 2-3 days. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: TerryD

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

I have a 10x10 pop up I'm bringing, but no one else can stand under it. You have to stand on the perimeter around the canopy and I'll do a Q&A session about why alien life refuses to contact us unless its through our butts.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

I have a 10x10 pop up I'm bringing, but no one else can stand under it. You have to stand on the perimeter around the canopy and I'll do a Q&A session about why alien life refuses to contact us unless its through our butts.
Easy answer... because "open ended" communication is more effective. Bwahahahaha!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We're down to just hours left! I'm looking forward to a good time out there.

I'll have at least one radio on around camp with both Ham 460 and GMRS 15 being monitored.

If anyone has any final questions now is the time to ask!

I'll be making a stop in Staunton around 10 in the morning. Then we'll be headed to camp!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Ok, so final update before tomorrow... Our group will be leaving tomorrow AM around 9. We should get to Switzer Lake at about 11.

Terry... we will have our radios on and set to 15-0 when we get near the trailhead. If you happen to get there before us, no problem. I'll be doing a 3 minute callout to ya along the trail just in case.

I will also have my rope up that has 3 bags hanging from it. Red, Blue and Yellow. ( Couldn't find my tread on me flag. ) If we get there before you.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Thank you all for coming out on this trip! We enjoyed meeting all of you and even though the second half of Saturday was a washout, we enjoyed the newfound friends and company on the trails! Looking forward to the next time we can get another organized trip!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We had a great time out there! It was good to put some faces to everyone and get out of the house for a bit.

After last night, Cocoa was so happy to finally be home she squealed with joy when we turned onto our road! She was a wet and miserable puppy last night...

RedLeg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone! We felt very welcome at our first OB event. Special thanks to TerryD, Mike, Brian and all the other members we met.

Reactions: Hafaday and TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone! We felt very welcome at our first OB event. Special thanks to TerryD, Mike, Brian and all the other members we met.
Really glad y'all could make it out! Looking forward to seeing the new flares on the LJ!

Wanderlost78

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Ashland, VA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pyne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4BKR
Great trip! Thanks for letting us crash the party late and unannounced on Friday. I honestly believe we had a much better time with this group than the group we were supposed to hook up with and i survived with only one tick coming home with me. Plus my buddy ordered his OB badge last night.

Enthusiast I

Fairfax, VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Niez
Member #

Were ya'll on GMRS Channel 15? If so I think my group heard some of your communications! Caused me to log back in here; haven't been active on OB in a while.