Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

I feel your pain... I am the original owner of an 88 62 Series. We bought it, to prevent trouble! With over 300K miles on the ordinal engine, I have a spare. I have ZERO interest in selling it. Takes me to all my favorite Fly-fishing holes...
Enjoying the Idaho OUTDOORS.
David

Reactions: NomadEffect

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
After all the work were putting in I don't ever want to sell this.

So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I’ve been eyeballing one of those cheap Chinese snorkels myself.seems to be my only option for my rig.

How long till you think it will be trail ready?

Reactions: NomadEffect

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
I’ve been eyeballing one of those cheap Chinese snorkels myself.seems to be my only option for my rig.

How long till you think it will be trail ready?
I keep setting myself goals a timelines and we keep moving the goalposts which is great but also super disheartening. I'd be super happy at this point if we were able to use the Xmas break to really get it sorted and have her trail ready sometime in January.

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
Happy New Year everyone!! Hoping everyone got to hit the road in their prospective rigs.

We had a bit of time off working on the car over the holidays but we're now back in full swing.

I've seen a lot of discussions about using Monstaliner and other Bedliners on here. Here is our 1st thoughts on the product. Overall good, just hard for people that have never used this sort of product (us):

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
Ok, so we've had some updates on life and the cruiser.

Firstly I hope you guys can understand from this 1st video why it's taken us so long to get back to the regular updates:

And finally we're able to get back to working on the old girl:

We also wanted to say how much we appreciate the messages and people checking in on us during our brief hiatus. We love this community.

Ben & Sof

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Great upgrade. We have our 60 series since 1990 with 500k miles now and it drives like new. Just broken in.

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
Little mini update as we start on the interior of the car. If anyone has any better solutions to a hammer & chisel and a grinder with a wire wheel to remove that factory sound deadening stuff PLEASE let me know??