Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Very nicely done, I love the clean set-up. Adding switches is always difficult on new vehicles to make them look good, and these look great. Great job.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cedar Hill, TX 75104, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
The small ones are from amazon and are called "waterpack" but I wasn't too happy since they aren't gasketed where they come together. The large black ones are nice but they're bigger and come in 2 conductor up to 6 conductor and separate pins can be bought based on wire gauge. Those come from summit racing and are solid. The crimper surprisingly was $18 on amazon and works quite well. I can post links if it helps yall. I just need to get to a PC.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Dude, can I use this idea in my Tundra? I'll trade you my idea on the distribution block I wired up for 12 accessories! lol. Unless of course it came with a logic box. Did you have trouble routing the wires down the A-pillars? The pillar airbags freak me out. I stopped installing alarms in cars before those existed and have only ran my dash cam power cable past one.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
How in the world do you keep all of those yellow wires organized? I would never be able to remember which one goes where :tonguewink: Whenever I run a bundle of wires they are all different colors. I keep track of the wire size/color/pin location in a notebook for my records.

Reactions: HazMatt79

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
How in the world do you keep all of those yellow wires organized? I would never be able to remember which one goes where :tonguewink: Whenever I run a bundle of wires they are all different colors. I keep track of the wire size/color/pin location in a notebook for my records.
I was thinking the same thing! It looks like he marked them with a permanent marker by number of hash marks. I used leftover wiring from a previous alarm I installed for this reason. Plenty of colors to choose from lol.

Reactions: KonzaLander

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I was thinking the same thing! It looks like he marked them with a permanent marker by number of hash marks. I used leftover wiring from a previous alarm I installed for this reason. Plenty of colors to choose from lol.
I've stripped a few Jeep XJ's and MJ's over the years and now have a giant tub of wire I pillage from for projects.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

When I was still working, I used these when diagnosing electrical problems on equipment. Most of the newer equipment have the wires numbered from the factory, but the older stuff was like a rat-nest. Labling them sped up the process.

When making up my accessory wiring harness, switch panel and fuse/relay panel for my truck, I use them to number each wire.

41ZpL3Cud-L.jpg

Although I didn't use these, colored stickers are also available.

31eRwloUgqL.jpg

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cedar Hill, TX 75104, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
So my system has all switches on yellow wire and the branch circuits on different colors. Just a preference thing but as far as keeping up with them, no need to as they are in a bundle and terminated to a multipin connector. Switch 1 goes to pin 1, etc. I do have label printers but labels really aren't needed if you document the work and colors. Do you see manufacturer wire tags in your rigs? My tundra has none....