Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Hi there - been working on trying to get this thread started to help coordinate the individual meet up threads out there, including who is coordinating the meet up, a link to the specific thread, and any other useful information.

We have been very fortunate to have members stepping up and starting these on their own, we don't want to impede on that at all, just figure out the best way to support that from the OB Staff.

So far in the SW Region, the following threads (and coordinator) are already going:
If you have specific interest in one of these areas, please post in the thread or reach out to myself (@Ryan Matthes) or the coordinator directly.

Again, our objective is to help the folks that have taken the initiative to start these. We will have OB swag that we can send to the coordinator for events, etc., as well as try to attend ourselves.

I am also hoping to try to rally the SW members for an event later this summer - more to come!

Will update this post when the TBD's shake out.

**EDIT** 5/15: met a bunch of awesome Arizona folks at Expo and I think that it make sense to create hyper-local North and South Arizona given the number of folks in each. Above, I changed the "Arizona Area" line to "Phoenix Area" and added the "Flagstaff Area" place holder. Be on the lookout for this to develop more.

Also, if anyone is working on a meetup that isn't listed above, shoot me a PM or email (ryan@overlandbound.com) and I will edit this post to include it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
If people had the time to do it the NM BDR or a portion of it would be a great choice for a SW Region Meetup.

I know more will be discussed this week at the Expo in terms of micro-regional events and coordination. I run the AZ Overlanders Meetup Group for those that may not be familiar with it.

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

TnK1

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hollywood park, Tx
Member #

If people had the time to do it the NM BDR or a portion of it would be a great choice for a SW Region Meetup.

I know more will be discussed this week at the Expo in terms of micro-regional events and coordination. I run the AZ Overlanders Meetup Group for those that may not be familiar with it.
A few of us are doing a portion of enchanted Rockies at the end of September

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Need to come visit NM!
I have been to Alamogordo, white sands missile range, the space museum and my personal favorite... Cloudcroft. My dad was stationed at Holloman AFB (years before I was born) and wanted to show me around on our way out to Safford Arizona. I loved NM!!!

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Trying to put together a run in the kofa range and maybe through the cibola side of 95 as well. Meetup will be at the gas station on 7e on hwy 95 here in Yuma. We can discuss the route here but what I was thinking is from the gas station head past the castledome museum through McPherson pass to king road. From there north past Polaris and kofa mines with a stop at the old grave yard. From there through the canyons to hoodoo cabin to camp. From there north to the gas line road or to wilbanks cabin. From the gas line road, to 95 to quartzite to fill up. Then south on 95 to cibola lake Rd through ypg (non stop) to the river to the cibola ghost towns grave yard then up the wash which comes out at red cloud mine Rd to lake Martinez...
This is over 300 miles and most of it has no cell service, so plan accordingly. It won't take place until Jan or Feb...

Let me know!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Trying to put together a run in the kofa range and maybe through the cibola side of 95 as well. Meetup will be at the gas station on 7e on hwy 95 here in Yuma. We can discuss the route here but what I was thinking is from the gas station head past the castledome museum through McPherson pass to king road. From there north past Polaris and kofa mines with a stop at the old grave yard. From there through the canyons to hoodoo cabin to camp. From there north to the gas line road or to wilbanks cabin. From the gas line road, to 95 to quartzite to fill up. Then south on 95 to cibola lake Rd through ypg (non stop) to the river to the cibola ghost towns grave yard then up the wash which comes out at red cloud mine Rd to lake Martinez...
This is over 300 miles and most of it has no cell service, so plan accordingly. It won't take place until Jan or Feb...

Let me know!
Cool, sounds like a great run. Want to start a new thread, for planing etc... time off permitting, I'm in.

Reactions: danthman114

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Cool, sounds like a great run. Want to start a new thread, for planing etc... time off permitting, I'm in.
Key words, time off permitting! We are all in the same boat. We could make it the same time as quail season too. I know they have over the counter deer archery for that time of year but not sure of location...

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

So, we are talking about a SW Region rally for maybe October. Could this be a route for that?