First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
Hey Friends-

We are headed out to Idaho in July for our first time. Hoping to hook up with some locals or get some tips on where to raom.

Your adventures look so fun.

Cheers,
Sasha

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Hey Friends-

We are headed out to Idaho in July for our first time. Hoping to hook up with some locals or get some tips on where to raom.

Your adventures look so fun.

Cheers,
Sasha
Glad you're enjoying the videos. July and August I am hunkered down. Too hot for me to be out and about in the brush.

Reactions: SashaLee

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oh no. Should we expecting hot and dry weather? Will need trees and water for sure!
July and August can get triple digits, especially down south. There are mountains in ID with trees, lakes and rivers that are pretty nice in hot weather. Where in ID are you thinking about going?

Reactions: SashaLee

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Oh no. Should we expecting hot and dry weather? Will need trees and water for sure!
Last year we had 18 days above 100 degrees the rest was 90+ for July and August.

July and August can get triple digits, especially down south. There are mountains in ID with trees, lakes and rivers that are pretty nice in hot weather. Where in ID are you thinking about going?
I would imagine going north and higher would be better. Still too hot for me. Dry hot forest is not too appealing not to mention the crowds doing the same thing you are.

SashaLee

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
Not sure. No plans yet. We’ve never been your way so excited to explore.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Whelp, aux battery is charging, fridge is cooling, diesel heater is loaded. Water tank is full, and ready to go. All I need to do is load food in the fridge, get fuel, grab the go bag, and I'm ready to roll.

See you guys Saturday morning!

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
I will finish loading the Jeep tomorrow. Leaving Friday morning and camping near Owyhee that night. From the weather report it look like it will be cold with possible snow and rain so you may want to bring an extra blanket or two.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Most everything is ready. Just need to pack up the food check fluid levels Friday after work.

Not sure what to expect for the weather. Been watching Rome, Juntura and Jordan Valley. Big swings in those areas and changing by the hour. I guess we get what we get, just be prepared.

See you guys Saturday. George.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I've planned for the weather. I have an awning room, and a propane fire that we can put inside. This will allow us to be out of the weather, and still have a fire (awning room is also really good at helping keep the heat in).

I also have the diesel heater and a zero degree bag.

I've got us covered! (pun intended!)

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I've planned for the weather. I have an awning room, and a propane fire that we can put inside. This will allow us to be out of the weather, and still have a fire (awning room is also really good at helping keep the heat in).

I also have the diesel heater and a zero degree bag.

I've got us covered! (pun intended!)
Sounds good. I have a big tarp and plan on bringing some wood in case we can have a real fire. I think we should be good though. Looks like there is no snow in the canyon and a trace to 2" on plain at this point.

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
How bad is it?

Sorry George, but I'm answering for you with a picture. Just glad that it happened close to home, and not out on the trail. At least the fire department was able to get it out quick enough that there's at least a chance it could be salvaged and rebuilt.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Sorry George, but I'm answering for you with a picture. Just glad that it happened close to home, and not out on the trail. At least the fire department was able to get it out quick enough that there's at least a chance it could be salvaged and rebuilt.
Amen to that!

Reactions: Sparksalot