Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
You'll get it figured out bro. In the mean time, I'll take lots of pictures nand video. :grinning:

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Well we made it back. What a day it was. Nearly everyone got stuck. One vehicle was left dead. Group had to split up due to a some making it past a snow drift and the others didn't. We were able to regroup a few miles later.

Thanks to all who showed up to share in the adventure.

Reactions: M Rose and KAIONE

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Made it home a little while ago. Ran into Ean and Lonni at the gas station, and we convoyed back into town, since I had no tail lights again.

Gonna park Gamora until I get this sorted out.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It sounds like you guys had a blast. I am starting to get the bug to get out for an extended trip. Hopefully by March my Bronco will be trail worthy again.

Reactions: Sparksalot and K12

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Here are some pictures I got from the trip yesterday.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: Sparksalot

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
2022 Trip Info:

A new year for new adventures. SW Idaho Overlanding will have a few adventures this year if all goes well.

Apr 4-8 Newfoundland
SW Idaho Overlanding is looking for New Found Lands in northern Utah. This is a long trip with a expected 5 days of adventure and nearly 800 miles round trip. This is a isolated area with long distances between fuel stops. With known good fuel stops it is 292 miles. There may be a fuel stop that could cut 50 miles. I would plan for 292 miles just to make sure you have enough fuel. Expect to explore a unique area with some old mining remnants as well as some cool nature to see.

May 13-15 Snowshoes and Potholes
This trip SW Idaho Overlanding is returning to an area previously visited. Last time there was no time to explore the area. This time I am allowing a full day to explore or sit around the camp or may be both. On the drive in I will stop by a cave to explore as well. We will be in the area so why not? No milage for this one yet so stay tuned.

June 22-25 Midas Touch II
Midas Touch last year ended early on day 2 due to mechanical issues. We had just begun to scratch the surface of this trip before the incident. Now it is time to return and finish the job. This trip heads down to northern Nevada and has planned visits to old mining sites, homesteads, and even a hot spring and ghost town. Again, fuel stops are distant. Expect 270 miles between known fuel stops.

Jul-Sep? I may plan a trip into the mountains. TBA

Oct 1,2 Signature Rock
This trip was planned last year, but I caught the covid. Bringing this back from the dead. This trip heads into the deep desert to visit an interesting area. Who knows what else we may find?

Well, these are trips that are planned if you want to mark a date to join in on the adventures. Updates will be posted as trips come closer so keep eyes out for changes.
I also attend other outings that I will update if relevant.

These are not guided tours and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

See you on the Trails, George.

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Newfoundland
April 4-8, 2022
Time: 8:00 am
Meet Place: TA Travel Center, 4115 Broadway Ave, Boise, ID 83705
Destination: Northern Utah
Estimated Duration: 5 days
Estimated Distance: 800 miles, Boise to Boise.
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho Overlanding is heading to Newfoundland! Not the country, but a place in Utah. This trip will be 5 full days of adventure. Plenty of dirt roads, rock formations, old mining camps, abandoned railroad trestles.

#3.png

#2.png

This area is remote so bring plenty of fuel. It could be nearly 300 miles between good known fuel stops. There is one other fuel stop that could shave 40 miles but, prepare for the worst.

#1.png

Road conditions could be iffy this time of year. This area is not recommended to drive in if it has rained withing 48 hours. Also, not recommended if rain is expected while in the area. This can be evaluated as time gets closer.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: reaver and M Rose

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Already got the time off work. I've also tracked down what was blowing the tail light fuses, and seemingly fixed it. I'd love to bring the trailer on this one, but don't know if it'll be ready in time.

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Already got the time off work. I've also tracked down what was blowing the tail light fuses, and seemingly fixed it. I'd love to bring the trailer on this one, but don't know if it'll be ready in time.
I posted this one over on my trailer forum. It should be a good trip for some trailer support.

Reactions: Sparksalot

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I posted this one over on my trailer forum. It should be a good trip for some trailer support.
Like I said, I don't know if it'll be ready by then. Now that I've figured out my fuse issue, I can focus my energy on the trailer.

Reactions: GHCOE