SW Idaho Overlanding

• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Good turn out for this trip, 13 vehicles! It was a fun day even though we could not complete the route as intended, maybe next time. See you on the trails! George.
The wife and I have to recover after this one! Also, I definitely need sliders on the truck. And to get that lift installed. But man, that was fun! Thanks again George!
Glad you guys came out and had fun. Yes this one was a bit challenging.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Hey @GHCOE - if you have any photos/videos of the wife or I going up or down any of those hills, is there any chance I could get a copy of of them?

I'll upload my footage to Dropbox so you can use it in your video as well.
Pretty limited on my drop box limit.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks to all who came out this last weekend. Here are some pictures of the fun we had.

Going up and down the rocky road was a challenge. Thanks for being good sports in the adventure. George.

View attachment 215182

View attachment 215183

View attachment 215184

View attachment 215185

View attachment 215187

View attachment 215188

View attachment 215189

View attachment 215190

View attachment 215191

View attachment 215192
So proud of my wife for driving Nebula up and down that hill!

Reactions: GHCOE

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I forgot to add some pics of the aftermath of that hill on Nebula...

This Pic means I need some Sliders....

Reactions: GHCOE and K12

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Christmas time is over and the winter dull drums are setting it. Time for a winter adventure!

Winter Wonderland V
January 22, 2022
Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: Grand View Gas 110 ID-78, Grand View, ID 83624 (There is parking across the road)
Destination: Owyhee desert
Estimated Duration: 1 day
Estimated Distance: 130 miles (Grand View to Grand View)
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

This trip will start in Grandview and head basically south. At one point we will be traveling along a old stage route to a stage stop. I have a couple exit routes planned in case snow or mud stops us. If that is the case we head back to lower elevation and visit a city of rocks instead. It's a win, win no matter what!

20220122 Winter Wonderland V.png

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Reactions: afootorafloatLJ

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
This trip is one week out!

Christmas time is over and the winter dull drums are setting it. Time for a winter adventure!

Winter Wonderland V
January 22, 2022
Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: Grand View Gas 110 ID-78, Grand View, ID 83624 (There is parking across the road)
Destination: Owyhee desert
Estimated Duration: 1 day
Estimated Distance: 130 miles (Grand View to Grand View)
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

This trip will start in Grandview and head basically south. At one point we will be traveling along a old stage route to a stage stop. I have a couple exit routes planned in case snow or mud stops us. If that is the case we head back to lower elevation and visit a city of rocks instead. It's a win, win no matter what!

View attachment 219202

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
As it sits right now only a trace to 2" of snow out there. If we make good time and can extend the trip we may hit 8". No major rain or snow called for this week so trails may be in good shape at least till it thaws. Showing 38* and partly cloudy for Saturday now. If we make good time and can extend the trip some we may be able to try and find some petroglyphs.

Reactions: reaver

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Looking forward to tomorrow's Winder Wonderland V adventure...

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wish I didn’t have to work… and the Bronco idle issue was fixed… grr the Mean Green Adventure Machine is really starting to aggravate me… ohh well… to the shop it goes Tuesday to confirm the ECU is dead.

• Sad
Reactions: Sparksalot