nateh

Rank III

Advocate I

Pocatello, ID
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Just read through some of this thread for the first time and it looks like I'm missing out on a ton of fun! I'm currently in my first year of ownership of a vehicle that I would consider even remotely capable of overlanding or off roading. We have a solid group of off roaders out here in Pocatello that meets up every Thursday night but not as much of an interest in overlanding, per se. Curious if you guys ever come out this way on your trips? I'd love to join in one of these days if work schedules allow it.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Just read through some of this thread for the first time and it looks like I'm missing out on a ton of fun! I'm currently in my first year of ownership of a vehicle that I would consider even remotely capable of overlanding or off roading. We have a solid group of off roaders out here in Pocatello that meets up every Thursday night but not as much of an interest in overlanding, per se. Curious if you guys ever come out this way on your trips? I'd love to join in one of these days if work schedules allow it.
The Mordor trips are usually planned around South Central Idaho. Although not my trips I do attend and run some trail rides for each day that I am there. I usually post up those trips on this thread.

I do have a trip in the works for North West Utah for next spring. That would be the closest trip of mine planned in your area next year.

Thanks for your interest! George.

Reactions: Desert Runner

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
The Mordor trips are usually planned around South Central Idaho. Although not my trips I do attend and run some trail rides for each day that I am there. I usually post up those trips on this thread.

I do have a trip in the works for North West Utah for next spring. That would be the closest trip of mine planned in your area next year.

Thanks for your interest! George.
See, now you've really peaked my interest, as I've not done any exploring yet in Utah, but the more I see, the more I want to.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I may be able to make that one, dependant on my MO trip with some friends. Wish i could make the one your doing in November, but prolly wouldnt be a good idea to go on the trails 2 days after neck surgery...

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I may be able to make that one, dependant on my MO trip with some friends. Wish i could make the one your doing in November, but prolly wouldnt be a good idea to go on the trails 2 days after neck surgery...
Probably not a good idea after surgery for sure. Keep your eyes open for posted trips here. Thanks for your interest. George.

Reactions: M Rose

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho joins the Mordor outing one more time. Come along and join the fun with us as we travel two tracks, visit lava flows, hike a crater, drive on lava roads, what more could you want in a adventure?

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Just a reminder that this trip is this Saturday. See you there! George.

I have been down the last few weeks with Covid so now that I feel better and the Jeep is back together it is time to plan a trip. Loosing 5 weeks to illness I had to cancel 3 trips which really sucked for content so I figured I would make one more adventure before the holiday season hits.

Lake View
November 6, 2021
Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: I-O-N Truck Plaza 5644 Buntrock Rd, Marsing, ID 83639.
Destination: Big Lake
Estimated Duration: 1 day
Estimated Distance: 120 miles
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho is heading into Oregon for a fall adventure. We will be driving a road that can not be driven for months or even years. Certain conditions have to be right for this adventure.

View attachment 212152

I have driven and hike portions of this road from both sides, but have never driven all the way through. Who knows I still may not be able to drive all the way though. I will drive it far enough till I can not go any farther safely though. This adventure will require high clearance vehicles since there are some rocky, technical areas. There could be vegetation close to or over the road. Depending on conditions road may disappear and routes may need to be altered to get through rocky areas. We will just have to wait to see what adventure awaits for us. This road goes through a historical area so there will be some structures to see which like the road can only be seen from time to time...

View attachment 212154

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

See you on the trails! George.

Reactions: reaver

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Had a Successful surgery. still cant make it out this weekend but look forward to getting out there with everyone after my recovery.

K12

Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I just found out about this and would have loved to have joined. I definitely want to see some post trip videos, etc.
It will be a bit before I get video up. You can watch videos of previous trips on my YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2TBglAdNwVwZJ5oztg/videos till then.
This will probably be the last trip this year. I do try and do a day trip in January/February so keep your eyes open here.

Reactions: Bowtied13

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
It will be a bit before I get video up. You can watch videos of previous trips on my YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2TBglAdNwVwZJ5oztg/videos till then.
This will probably be the last trip this year. I do try and do a day trip in January/February so keep your eyes open here.
The wife and I have to recover after this one! Also, I definitely need sliders on the truck. And to get that lift installed. But man, that was fun! Thanks again George!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hey @GHCOE - if you have any photos/videos of the wife or I going up or down any of those hills, is there any chance I could get a copy of of them?

I'll upload my footage to Dropbox so you can use it in your video as well.