Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I very much enjoy watching your video's. I hope to be coming up your way sometime soon. I'd love to tag along on one of your ventures if it would be possible. Love that old Jeep motor putting along on the trail. I posted a comment on your day two trip.

Reactions: GHCOE

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I really like your channel George. Yours is less YouTuby, it’s always about the adventure and the scenery.
When I come to PNW to visit you I am hoping I can trip out with this @GHCOE if he will let me. Did you follow his trailer build ?

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to meet everyone there...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Here's hoping this trip is less hairy than the last one. Not sure how I'd feel about sliding down hill in the mud with my 4yo in the rig with me.
We will keep you in tow if needed... :-)

• Haha
Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I very much enjoy watching your video's. I hope to be coming up your way sometime soon. I'd love to tag along on one of your ventures if it would be possible. Love that old Jeep motor putting along on the trail. I posted a comment on your day two trip.
Thanks! Yes the old Jeep has a nice note as if moves along. The motor has a lot of torque down low so it rarely seems to be working hard.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
What is not to like about trailers? If done right they work real well. Stay away from those heavy manufactured units and you will do just fine.
Nothing wrong with trailers... personally I don’t like them... I’ve built a couple over the years, and I find for my traveling they limit me... for you they look like they work fine... I like to be be self contained inside my rigs.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What is not to like about trailers? If done right they work real well. Stay away from those heavy manufactured units and you will do just fine.
How much do you think your trailer weighs. I just bought a small cargo trailer and it weighs + - 750#. What I put in it probably won't weigh 300#. See my post on Daily check in for today's date 11/21/20. Tell me what you think.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
George, the kid and I had a ball yesterday. Especially on that last hill we went up. Can't wait for the next one!

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
How much do you think your trailer weighs. I just bought a small cargo trailer and it weighs + - 750#. What I put in it probably won't weigh 300#. See my post on Daily check in for today's date 11/21/20. Tell me what you think.
I could'nt find your post.

Dry weight before modifications was 373lbs. It is probably in the 450-475lbs now with frame stiffener/tongue extender and larger wheels. I usually have about 100-200lbs. in the trailer depending on the trip. Most of that weight is what I normally would be carrying in the Jeep so that is really a wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
George, the kid and I had a ball yesterday. Especially on that last hill we went up. Can't wait for the next one!
Good to hear! It was a fun little side trip for sure. Glad Bob suggested it. I should have some pictures up later today. Thanks for coming.

Reactions: M Rose