SW Idaho Overlanding

• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
The latest video on the Mordor Trip. This episode includes a lot of hiking through the lava field we visited. If hiking is not your thing then this one might not be for you.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Last day of the Mordor V3.1 Trip. This was a fun trip and I had as much fun putting these videos together. I hope others have as much fun following along. Mordor 4.0 is in the works for next year, so stay tuned. Till then, see you on the trails, George.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Here we are at the end of another year. Hard to believe its time to do another update.

2018 was a great year with a lot of memories to go down in the pages of time. Look for the "2018 Rear View" video coming out this Friday. It's a video hitting on some of the highlights from this years adventures . A big thanks to all who participated in the adventures in person and on line watching my YouTube Channel.

With the advancing New Year also comes the anticipation of new memories. I am currently working on 7 SW Idaho Overlanding trips and planning on attending 3 trips organized by other parties. Eventually I may not have to plan trips if this keeps happening.....Just kidding for those who care.

2019 Overlanding Trips?

Jan- Winter Wonderland II (day trip) Jan or Feb
Feb- Watson The Back Way (day trip) Feb
Mar- Gorge-us? (day Trip) Early to mid Mar
Apr- I Wanna Rock! (2 days 1 night) Mid to late Apr
May- Geology Tour (5 days 4 nights) May 23-27 (Sponsored by Larrie)
Jun-
Jul-
Aug-
Sep- Ruby (4 days 3 nights?) Early to Mid Sep
Oct- Rock Art and Ruins Oct
Nov-
Dec-
-Not listed are two trips still up in the air on dates from other parties.
-There may be 1 or 2 other trips on the books. Just have to wait and see how things pan out during the year. So keep a lookout for updates on times and new trip information here and on my Patreon, FB sites and forums.

Looking forward to seeing you on the trails in 2019, George.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
The last trip in 2018, Have You Steen It?

Well have you? This is a four day trip taken in October to South Central Oregon. What a trip it was! Join us on this adventure as we drive the desert, check out hot springs, a round barn and drive through sun, rain and snow. Thanks for watching, George.

Day 1

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Winter Wonderland II:
Jan 26, 2019
Time: 7:00am at the TA 8:30am at The Bruneau One Stop
Meet Place: Travel America (TA) 4115 Broadway Ave, Boise, ID 83705 or
The Bruneau One Stop 45251 ID-51, Bruneau, ID 83604
Destination: Owyhee High Desert
Estimated Duration: Day Trip
Estimated Distance: 245 miles (TA to TA)

Last years Winter Wonderland trip was a great day trip into Idaho/Oregon's High Desert. Its winter again and it is time to think about Winter Wonderland II.

Are the winter doldrums setting in and your ready to get out for some adventure? Well Winter Wonderland II may be the antidote your looking for.

As long as winter conditions stay mild this trip is planned for January 26, 2019, but is subject to change if conditions worsen so keep a eye out for updates here.

Things that may be encountered on this trip. Mud, snow, pin striping, rocky roads, two tracks and water fording.
Things to see on the trip may include high desert terrain, canyons, old buildings and a hot spring.

This is a planned loop trip, but may be a simple in-out if water levels are too high at the fording and/or road blockage on the exit route leaving the opposite side of the canyon. I do not pre run these trip so the adventure is the same for everyone. We make it or not, that is part of the fun of these types of trips.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

See you on the Trails, George.

Old Bridge.png

Hot Springs.jpg

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
This might be a problem for making the Winter Wonderland II a loop trip. Still should be a fun one though....

Big Boulder.jpg

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
If some people want they can meet us at The Bruneau One Stop located at 45251 ID-51, Bruneau, ID 83604. It is on the corner of hwy 51/78 and Hot Springs Road. This might/will be a better option for those coming in from the west and/or Homedale, Marsing area. We will shoot for a meet time there at 8:30.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Old Bridge.png Just a reminder, this trip is 1 week out.
Weather for the week is looking pretty dry with only a trace to 1" of snow in the area now. Weather for the 26th is looking promising with highs showing mid 30's to 40's and mostly sunny.

Winter Wonderland II:
Jan 26, 2019
Time: 7:00am at the TA 8:30am at The Bruneau One Stop
Meet Place: Travel America (TA) 4115 Broadway Ave, Boise, ID 83705 or
The Bruneau One Stop 45251 ID-51, Bruneau, ID 83604
Estimated Distance: 245 miles (TA to TA)

Last years Winter Wonderland trip was a great day trip into Idaho/Oregon's High Desert. Its winter again and it is time to think about Winter Wonderland II.

Are the winter doldrums setting in and your ready to get out for some adventure? Well Winter Wonderland II may be the antidote your looking for.

As long as winter conditions stay mild this trip is planned for January 26, 2019, but is subject to change if conditions worsen so keep a eye out for updates here.

Things that may be encountered on this trip. Mud, snow, pin striping, rocky roads, two tracks and water fording. Things to see on the trip may include high desert terrain, canyons, old buildings and a hot spring.

This is a planned loop trip, but may be a simple in-out if water levels are too high at the fording and/or road blockage on the exit route leaving the opposite side of the canyon. I do not pre run these trip so the adventure is the same for everyone. We make it or not, that is part of the fun of these types of trips.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Hot Springs.jpg

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Where is that hot spring? these trips look wicked. can't wait, just need to do some wrenching on the platypus (my truck) and I am there.
Sounds good.

Keep your eyes open for updates here.

The hot spring above is south of Bruneau, Idaho about 50 miles. George.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Watson! The Back Way:
Feb 23, 2019
Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Jackson's Food Store, 128 5th St, Wilder, ID 83676
Estimated Distance: 145 miles (Jackson's to Jackson's)
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

Heading back out into the Owyhee High Desert for a winter time adventure Feb 23. On this trip I will be traveling a lot of new territory for me. I do not know much about the area or what to expect. Roads look to be fair to good with stream crossings. Depending on weather conditions streams could have water flow. Also, roads this time of year can be frozen, dry, muddy or impassible. Hey, that is part of the adventure, not knowing what to expect. If conditions are extreme I will stop and call it a day! It's elementary!

Last edited: