Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I absolutely love these pictures, especially the rock formations. I don't remember if I saw where this is, so, I'd really like to know. Totally awesome.

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I absolutely love these pictures, especially the rock formations. I don't remember if I saw where this is, so, I'd really like to know. Totally awesome.
I often don't post where some places are on the internet to preserve them from being overran. This place is already starting to get a lot of traffic in the last 4 years.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Old Yellow Jeep is down for repairs. Transmission was diagnosed for a rebuild and fuel economy has decreased to a miserable 7.5 mpg indicating that the motor is in need of some attention too. A complete teardown is planned and I hope to get it back up and running before the April trip. If funding goes well I am hoping to have something with a bit of attitude when done.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Old Yellow Jeep is down for repairs. Transmission was diagnosed for a rebuild and fuel economy has decreased to a miserable 7.5 mpg indicating that the motor is in need of some attention too. A complete teardown is planned and I hope to get it back up and running before the April trip. If funding goes well I am hoping to have something with a bit of attitude when done.
Ohh no, I’m sad to hear Old Yeller is down, but so worth the investment to fix... I hope all goes as planned.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Give a holler if you need an extra set of hands for wrenching.

Reactions: M Rose and GHCOE

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

The last day, day 3 is now up. George.

Nice! The stream with the small falls & pools @ around 6:00 in... looks like they're steaming a bit, and I saw what is obviously a man-made rock wall around the same area... is that a natural hot spring area? Looks amazing and I would LOVE to sit in those pools, hot springs or not!

Beautiful country! I've never been to Idaho. I'm adding it to the places I want to see & visit!

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Nice! The stream with the small falls & pools @ around 6:00 in... looks like they're steaming a bit, and I saw what is obviously a man-made rock wall around the same area... is that a natural hot spring area? Looks amazing and I would LOVE to sit in those pools, hot springs or not!

Beautiful country! I've never been to Idaho. I'm adding it to the places I want to see & visit!

Not really a hot spring, but a warm spring. Not comfortable in cooler weather, but nice on a hot afternoon.

There are plenty of similar areas in SW Idaho, but this is just over the Border in SE Oregon.

Thanks for watching, George.

Reactions: Munga Brown

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Not really a hot spring, but a warm spring. Not comfortable in cooler weather, but nice on a hot afternoon.

There are plenty of similar areas in SW Idaho, but this is just over the Border in SE Oregon.

Thanks for watching, George.
Thanks for posting your videos, I enjoy them! Beautiful country!

Reactions: GHCOE and M Rose

trav87

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUQ
I was the JLU in front of you on the road/trails with the gas can sitting next to the fire wood on the roof rack lol
It was a great trip seeing new areas to me and meeting new people.

Reactions: M Rose and reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I was the JLU in front of you on the road/trails with the gas can sitting next to the fire wood on the roof rack lol
It was a great trip seeing new areas to me and meeting new people.
I remember! I chatted with you a bit on the trail when the convoy got stopped because people went the wrong way. Not sure if you noticed I have some videos up on YouTube of the trip.

Here is where we were stopped.

Hope to go again this year if Coyote puts on another event. See you on the trails, George.

Reactions: trav87

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Not to hijack your thread @GHCOE , just a friendly heads up we are having a Northwest Region Overland Bound Campout September 4-7th in North East Oregon or Southwest Washington. More specifics will fallow soon.

Reactions: trav87 and GHCOE

trav87

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUQ
I remember! I chatted with you a bit on the trail when the convoy got stopped because people went the wrong way. Not sure if you noticed I have some videos up on YouTube of the trip.

Here is where we were stopped.

Hope to go again this year if Coyote puts on another event. See you on the trails, George.
I'm already subscribed

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I WANNA ROCK! Day 1 is up!

SW Idaho Overlanding is in search of rocks.

Join us as we head to South Central Idaho to find some interesting rocks. Some are big rocks and some are small rocks. Some rocks have holes in them and some rocks are towering. A couple of times we are in rock! One thing you will see in these videos are rocks, in many shapes and sizes. So "rock on" and join us on this adventure and you too will WANNA ROCK by time it is over.

Day 1

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I'll check it out when I have time, but I was wondering ...... are there any rocks in it?