SW Idaho Adventures

• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I take a lot of video at times, often letting the dash camera run if things look like they may become interesting on the trail. In most cases I use very little of this footage in my productions. Often though, they would make a story inside a story. It always seemed to me to be a waste of good film footage. I got to thinking that maybe these small segments of the journey may still be interesting to some viewers, so why leave it on the floor? So "uncut" was born. So I hope "uncut" videos will bring more of the thrill of being out with us, because that is what it is all about.

This "Uncut" is a continuous run of the dash cam coming down into a canyon and crossing the river at the bottom. This is a particularly good run showing events as they unfold in real time. In a production video I would use only a small fraction of the video captured in this nearly 30 minute long video. This video was captured on SW Idaho Overlanding's joint trip out into the deep desert with COYOTE WORKS. Be sure to check out COYOTE WORKS Channel.

COYOTE WORK: Coyote Works

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks George, uncut was awesome... can’t wait to see more of these.
One thing to note about these uncuts.... Both videos fail to convey just how steep the decent down in video #1 and the climb out in video #2 were.

These were both pretty steep hills.

Thanks for posting these George! I think I like the uncut ones even more than your normal videos (but I'm not really sure why).

Last edited:
Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
One thing to not about these uncuts.... Both videos fail to convey just how settp the decent down in video #1 and the climb out in video #2 were.

These were both pretty steep hills.

Thanks for posting these George! I think I like the uncut ones even more than your normal videos (but I'm not really sure why).
Yes, it is a bit harder to tell steepness in the videos than actually being there.

These videos are doing quite well so there must be something appealing to them. When building the videos I find it sometimes hard to trim the footage in certain areas like these. I want to convey the excitement of the trail without using all the footage in production. If I did include all the footage my videos would be way too long. With uncut I can refer people to it in the video if they want a more in depth feel of the action at that point of the trip.

And speaking of UNCUT #2 here it is for those not subscribed to my YouTube Channel.

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Coyote Tracks Day 1 Part 1 is up. Yes part 1! These days where long days on the trail. By time I was finished with day 1 it was over 40 minutes long. I didn't want to bore people (some can barely make it to 10 minutes) so I will be splitting this series into two part days. The good news is that I am going to try and post 1 episode up a week for this trip and the Ruby trip (which also had long days).

So enjoy and stay tuned for more coming soon. George.

Day 1 Part 1:

Day 1 Part 2:

Day 2 Part 1:

Day 2 Part 2:

Day 3 Part 1:

Day 3 Part 2:

Final Files:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
“No Vehicles were harmed in the making of this video”

Priceless.

Great video as always George, I love the scenery (ok I’m biased). You always have a way of capturing the unique angles and I love it.
That was a very interesting stove... very very ornate.
Is the new adventure hound a Newphie?

Reactions: DionSTL

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
“No Vehicles were harmed in the making of this video”

Priceless.

Great video as always George, I love the scenery (ok I’m biased). You always have a way of capturing the unique angles and I love it.
That was a very interesting stove... very very ornate.
Is the new adventure hound a Newphie?
I was wondering if anyone would watch long enough to see that.

Thanks! Yes the stove was a bit of a find. Who would think something that ornate would find it's way out there.

I can see the similarities Newphie in Iroh. Iroh though will only get to about 25-30lbs though. He is 3/4 Cocker Spaniel and 1/4 chihuahua. Hard to believe.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Zeke's First Camp Trip Day 1
SW Idaho Overlanding goes camping. On this trip they bring Zeke. This is his first camp trip ever and he is excited! Come along with us on his first trip out and see how he likes it.

Day 1

Day 2 & 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho Overlanding heads back to south central Idaho for some more exploring in this series. Follow along with them as they meet up with some fellow explorers and head out into the lava fields to seek adventure. What do we find? You have to follow along and see.

Day 1

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2 Part 2

Day 3

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Winter Wonderland IV Part 1 and 2.

It's winter and cabin Fever has set in. Eight people with 4 vehicles decide to tackle the great outdoors of SW Idaho, determined to break the winter doldrums. Come ride with them as they drive interesting canyons, find some old ruins and explore the surrounding desert in this two part series of their winter adventure.

Part 1

Part 2

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho heads out on another adventure. Follow along with them as they travel 200 miles of dirt roads searching for adventure in eastern Oregon. What do they find? Well come along and see!

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2 Part 2

Day 3 The End...

Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho joins the Mordor outing one more time. Come along and join the fun with us as we travel two tracks, visit lava flows, hike a crater, drive on lava roads, what more could you want in a adventure?

Last edited: