SW Idaho Adventures

• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho Overlanding will attempt to drive the disappearing road. Ride along with us as we drive through the beautiful Leslie Gulch and then drive the disappearing road. We might even see some interesting places along the way.

Reactions: Ubiety and reaver

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Just watched "S6E3 SW Idaho Overlanding Lake View Part 1" and that looks like a good time! Was that @reaver in the X? I heard the name Chava ;)
Thanks for sharing the adventure!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Just watched "S6E3 SW Idaho Overlanding Lake View Part 1" and that looks like a good time! Was that @reaver in the X? I heard the name Chava ;)
Thanks for sharing the adventure!
Yup! That was Gamora, and Liana was driving my Frontier.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Snowshoe and Pothole.

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2

Day 1 Part 3

Day 2

Day 3 Part 1

Over my limit of videos per post. Check out Day 3 Part 2 at the bottom of this page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Offroadtails

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Love these videos.... Not all that far from Reno.......
Glad you are enjoying the videos!

I see you just got into trailers. Though you might be interest that my trailer is what is know as a foamie. Started life with a stock 1195# Harbor Freight trailer. beginning weight was 375lbs. The body from the floor up is 2" pink foam wrapped in 10oz canvas, no wood or metal framework. I have since added a 2" tube spine to spread the pulling load across the whole frame and to strengthen the tongue. I added a soft ride spring kit which adds longer, lighter sprung leaves. It also does away with the Harbor Freight slipper spring and replaces it with a shackle style spring. I recently added a 3500# axle. I think it now weighs about 550lbs. empty, about 850lbs loaded. I did away with the Harbor Frieght 12" wheels right away. They just did not work for off road duty. I replaced them with 13" wheels, as big as I could go with 4 lug, and they worked wonderfully for all my trips. When I did the axle swap, I went to 5 lug and the 15" wheels.

See you on the trails! George.

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Love these videos.... Not all that far from Reno.......
Glad you are enjoying the videos!

I see you just got into trailers. Though you might be interest that my trailer is what is know as a foamie. Started life with a stock 1195# Harbor Freight trailer. beginning weight was 375lbs. The body from the floor up is 2" pink foam wrapped in 10oz canvas, no wood or metal framework. I have since added a 2" tube spine to spread the pulling load across the whole frame and to strengthen the tongue. I added a soft ride spring kit which adds longer, lighter sprung leaves. It also does away with the Harbor Freight slipper spring and replaces it with a shackle style spring. I recently added a 3500# axle. I think it now weighs about 550lbs. empty, about 850lbs loaded. I did away with the Harbor Frieght 12" wheels right away. They just did not work for off road duty. I replaced them with 13" wheels, as big as I could go with 4 lug, and they worked wonderfully for all my trips. When I did the axle swap, I went to 5 lug and the 15" wheels.

See you on the trails! George.
George is there a build tread for your trailer? Never seen foamies before…

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
George is there a build tread for your trailer? Never seen foamies before…
Not really a build thread, but does cover some of the build info on this trailer #2 Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - #2 (tnttt.com)
I was doing a YouTube build series but my hard drive crashed about 3/4 of the way through unfortunately https://www.youtube.com/@bugouttrailers7964 . Maybe someday I will finish it if I ever build another #2.
I did a quite extensive build thread on my first build #1 here Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - #1 (tnttt.com) .

I have built 4 foamies and am working on my 5th one now. It is however being built to tow behind a bicycle.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Not really a build thread, but does cover some of the build info on this trailer #2 Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - #2 (tnttt.com)
I was doing a YouTube build series but my hard drive crashed about 3/4 of the way through unfortunately https://www.youtube.com/@bugouttrailers7964 . Maybe someday I will finish it if I ever build another #2.
I did a quite extensive build thread on my first build #1 here Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - #1 (tnttt.com) .

I have built 4 foamies and am working on my 5th one now. It is however being built to tow behind a bicycle.
I wondered why you didn’t finish the YouTube series. I was enjoying following that.

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I wondered why you didn’t finish the YouTube series. I was enjoying following that.
Yeah, it sucks. Still a lot of good info there so I left it up thinking I was going to build another unit pretty quickly and be able to finish it. At this point I don't know when I will get around to building another square drop. I have a couple other designs I am looking to build before that.

Reactions: Sparksalot